Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

Veil For Sale!

I really need to get rid of some of my miscellaneous wedding stuff! I'll probably post more later, but this is a start...I wasn't planning to sell this, but I figured I might as well have someone else wear it rather than let it get yellow in my closet!

I purchased my gorgeous cathedral length veil at Bridal Gallery in Grand Rapids, custom ordered to go with my gown. The actual veil is cathedral length, and has a fingertip blusher. I had the cathedral part made detachable by velcro- very easy to handle. You can see the veil below in my sig, and here are a few pictures. The veil has a beautiful scalloped beaded edge through the whole thing.

It is in excellent condition...the veil was worn for my ceremony and pictures, then the cathedral part was detached for our first dance. I then removed the veil and wore a hair flower for the rest of the reception, so I had it on for about 5 hours total.

I paid $290 for this veil, I am asking $175 OBO, plus actual shipping costs.

Click the image to open in full size.

It's kinda hard to see in this pictures, but if you look, you can see the scalloped beaded edge extending past the train of my dress.

If you have any questions, or if there is a specific picture you'd like to see of the veil (like not on me!) let me know and I'll try to get it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseSarah View Post
If you have any questions, or if there is a specific picture you'd like to see of the veil (like not on me!) let me know and I'll try to get it for you.
i'd like to see a picture of Jeff in the veil.

lol, well, as it is Jeff who is forcing me to get rid of my misc. wedding stuff (I have terrible pack rat tendencies!) I'll ask him if he'll participate tonight...lol

Thanks for bumping your thread Ann...it reminded me that I need to do this. I know I have other stuff I was going to get rid of...just need to go through the box tonight!

i think i have more stuff too ... like my wedding dress (both of them!) but i have to wait for my TTD session!

oh, and MIL is trying to convince me to keep the dress! not sure she realizes how much i spent, and am trying to recoup! lol

I really didn't spend much on my dress, so I'm just going to keep it. I'd sell my TTD dress, except that it's hemmed to me barefoot- 5'1" and there's not too many people that are short & stubby like me! haha

Hey Sarah! I love this veil!! Too bad I already bought mine!!! By the way, what color is it? Is it a bright white, off white, or what? I bought mine when I purchased my dress because I knew I would have a hard time finding one that matched my dress as well as this one did. My dress is a very light cream color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInMI View Post
Hey Sarah! I love this veil!! Too bad I already bought mine!!! By the way, what color is it? Is it a bright white, off white, or what? I bought mine when I purchased my dress because I knew I would have a hard time finding one that matched my dress as well as this one did. My dress is a very light cream color.
It's white. My dress is off-white, with champage on the top, but I liked the look of the white better than the ivory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseSarah View Post
I really didn't spend much on my dress, so I'm just going to keep it. I'd sell my TTD dress, except that it's hemmed to me barefoot- 5'1" and there's not too many people that are short & stubby like me! haha
I do love your wedding dress..... what size is your TTD dress? I am a short 5'2"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInMI View Post
Yes, what color? My dress is ivory with champagne trim, so I think it might be hard to purcahse sight unseen to see how it matches. But I LOVE it. The one I found at David's was $179 ... I still hate to spend that much but it did match perfect with my dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride View Post
I do love your wedding dress..... what size is your TTD dress? I am a short 5'2"...
Well, let's see...I bought it as a sample size 12. I had 2 rounds of alterations done to it to take it down to approx. a 6-8 (although with the way it laces up I think it would probably fit anwhere from 4-10 now, might be a touch loose as a 4). I was a street size 2-4 dress, 6-8 pants when I wore that dress. Confusing, I know.