Photo

Help! I can't decide where to spend our second week after the wedding!!!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:55 PM

So, we are getting married and spending the first week of our trip at Barcelo Maya Palace, but we know we will want a change of scenery for the second (honeymoon) week, but I can't decide on a resort! There are too many! can you help me We want adult only, nothing too secluded, good pools, beach area, all inclusive. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

#2 dianep

dianep
    • 532 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

The Royal in Playa del Carmen sounds like it would be exactly what you're looking for. adults only, luxury resort. located right on the beach and 2 short blocks from 5th Avenue. Lots to see and do and great restaurats in the area. But you just might not even want to leave the resort.

The Royal Playa del Carmen, Luxury All Inclusive Playa del Carmen Hotel|Mexico

good luck with your decision!
      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#3 CKen11

CKen11
      • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Why don't you head over to Cozumel for a completely different second week? I stayed in Cozumel Palace last year and it was awesome - luxurious, quiet and so relaxing...

#4 vlynnw

vlynnw
        • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

I was also going to suggest The Royal, or an Excellence resort. These are the 2 resorts that my Fi and I are trying to choose between for our honeymoon week.
          Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#5 Future Mrs. M

Future Mrs. M
          • 319 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CKen11
            Why don't you head over to Cozumel for a completely different second week? I stayed in Cozumel Palace last year and it was awesome - luxurious, quiet and so relaxing...
            Do they have a good beach?

Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios

#6 Future Mrs. M

Future Mrs. M
            • 319 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

I'm in your same boat!!! We want to get away and go somewhere more secluded and honeymoon style!

When we did our site visit for chosing a resort we saw the Excellence Riviera Maya --> GORGEOUS GORGEOUS and the rooms are amazing, even the fabric on the curtains is nice. The place was very peaceful and the sand was so soft and white. The pools were beautiful and the restaurants looked very upscale.

We stayed at the Secrets Maroma last year before we got engaged. This is a very popular spot for honeymoons but we feel funny going back since we went there on vacation last year. But let me tell you the beach is in maroma so it's one of the best and the food was amazing!!! We had an amazing time there.

El Dorado - Not sure which el Dorado is the best but I've heard these are good too. The one in Maroma (El Dorado Maroma) has a beautiful beach and looks very peaceful.

Does anyone know any other good ones? Maybe even in Tulum?

Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios

#7 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
              • 546 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for all your feedback ladies. I'm gonna research those right now!

#8 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                • 546 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

My TA is saying that Secrets maroma is supposed to be amazing and The Royal website looks amazing! I'm going to have her look into both!

#9 amybermuda

amybermuda
                  • 870 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

All I can say is definitely stay for an extra week. We thought we didn't need a honeymoon after our wedding and I am just back tonight and seriously regret not going straight to honeymoon! The week leading up to your wedding you spend all of your time divided btwn family & friends that it will be awesome to go somewhere just the 2 of you. My best friend honeymooned in Excellence and they had the best time ever. It was honeymooners paradise.

#10 carolina24

carolina24
                    • 1,573 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

we're staying at secrets maroma and i can't wait!! the pics and video on tripadvisor (i know we all hate it sometimes) are amazing!! good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users