Photo

Grace Bay Club in Turks and Caicos 2011

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 simpson11

simpson11
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

Has anyone gotten or set to get married here?? Pictures and insight would be greatly appreciated! PM me if so

Thanks

Stephanie

#2 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
    • 2,667 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

Hi Stephanie,
    Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#3 AishaB

AishaB
    • 2,350 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Hi stephanie, welcome to the forum. you can go over to the T&C thread I know they will have a lot of info. I know several people who are getting married at Grace Bay on there. Good luck~
      BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#4 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#5 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
        • Vendor
        • 336 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Grace Bay Club is the same type of resort in pricing and amenities as the Somerset. It has been in operation for more than 15 years and is the oldest luxury resort on island. They have recently added a new section, the Grace Bay estates. The resort is a Condo style resort, full kitchens, living area, and bedrooms. They have one of the few fine dining restaurants (Anacaona) in Grace Bay that is right next to the beach. They additionally have The Grill that has a Beach view. Grace Bay Club has one of the longest stretch of beachfront property on Grace Bay as well. It's 2 hotels down from Seven Stars and really in the heart of the shopping and restaurants areas. All guests can easily walk to shopping/food/groceries.

With many brides, the cost for guests for rooms is a concern and recently a small resort has been built just in front of the Grace Bay Club called Villa del Mar Villa del Mar

Because Villa Del Mar is not Beachfront, it offers guests a lower cost option. Yet the walk right next to or through the Grace Bay Club is very short (similar length of walk if you are staying in a room at the somerset near the croquet lawn) Many brides have booked some guests at Grace Bay Club and some at Villa del Mar and mixing the group is very easy. Villa Del Mar rooms (also condo style) are really upscale and have gotten rave reviews on Trip Advisor. So that gives you a different option as well.

Here are some recent weddings at Grace Bay Club (receptions are held either at the Grill Rouge, Anacaona or the pool area by the estates).

Go Bears! | Brilliant by Tropical Imaging
          Grace Bay Club, Turks and Caicos destination weddings. Wedding Film | Brilliant by Tropical Imaging
          The wedding of Stacey & Larry Stauffer at Grace Bay Club, Turks and Caicos | Brilliant by Tropical Imaging
          Grace Bay Club, Turks and Caicos destination wedding. | Brilliant by Tropical Imaging
          The Wedding of Wendy nd Jamie at Grace Bay Club | Brilliant by Tropical Imaging

Just FYI, the same team managing the Grace Bay Club has taken over managing the Veranda All Inclusive that I mentioned in another thread.

There are a lot more weddings as well as other photo sessions from all of the resorts on our blog, you can search for a particular property and all of the entries will come up.

Oh yes one other notable area at Grace Bay Club is their kids club (if you have guests with kids coming down). They have a really well done kid's program and lots of fun and interesting stuff to do (I have sent my kids there sometimes during school holidays as they will allow locals to pay for daily camp rates). The Regent Palms is also another location with an involved kid's camp if that is something you are looking for. I don't know the cost (if any) for guests, but it may be something you are interested in.

Happy Planning!

Krys

#6 simpson11

simpson11
          • 30 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

Krys-

I loved the videos and pictures! AMAZING WORK!

-Stephanie

#7 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:15 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Good luck and happy planning. I'm a Somerset bride if you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer.

#8 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
              • 456 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:29 AM

Welcome and Congrats!!!! You will find this site to be a wealth of information! It is the best thing I have stumbled upon thus far, but beware it is addictive!!! LOL

Happy Planning!!!

#9 kareyusc

kareyusc
                • 25 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

Hey Stephanie,

Did you ever get any information on Grace Bay Club?  I have to start my planning over since my wedding at Gansevoort fell apart and I am now considering Grace Bay Club.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karey

#10 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
                  • 299 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

@kareyusc - What happening with the Gansevoort wedding?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users