Photo

Winnipeg Brides Out There!!!

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 surprise_its_taken

surprise_its_taken
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

Our ceremony is going to be at Playa Azul and the dinner at the Palmeras Grill - as long as Xhail follows through on reserving it for me.  She's kind of slow with the replies, but that's pretty much normal from what I hear.  We've hired Ivan Luckie as well; don't the photos on his blog look amazing?!!  We booked with the Transat Weddings Away packages before they got rid of them so there are some photographs included with our package, but I just have no confidence in the resort photogs.  It's worth the extra money to bring in someone good.  Haven't picked out the meal yet (haven't gotten menu options yet) but maybe we do that when we get there?

Are you stoked to be escaping the cold here?  I am, and it's not even winter yet!

#32 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
    • 82 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:48 AM

Yes, the photos on Ivan's blog do look amazing! I can't wait to work with him. The resort photographers pictures were just doing nothing for me, so I do agree it is worth the extra money.

The wedding coordinators are quite slow at responding. Although, Claudia has sent me alot of info. She sent me the menu a while back to choose the food for the reception, pictures of the ceremony and reception sites, and pictures of flowers to choose from. She also just sent me some pics of centrepieces and asked what colour of chair bows I want.  Have you filled out the spreadsheet that they send you? Once you fill it out and send it back, the wedding coordinator should move on to the next steps and start sending you different choices. I like the idea of picking things out before we go down there, but I'm sure alot of brides/grooms don't mind waiting until they get there.

It will be so nice to get out of the cold! So excited to spend a whole week away with our family and friends!

#33 surprise_its_taken

surprise_its_taken
      • 76 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mexico_2011 

Yes, the photos on Ivan's blog do look amazing! I can't wait to work with him. The resort photographers pictures were just doing nothing for me, so I do agree it is worth the extra money.

The wedding coordinators are quite slow at responding. Although, Claudia has sent me alot of info. She sent me the menu a while back to choose the food for the reception, pictures of the ceremony and reception sites, and pictures of flowers to choose from. She also just sent me some pics of centrepieces and asked what colour of chair bows I want.  Have you filled out the spreadsheet that they send you? Once you fill it out and send it back, the wedding coordinator should move on to the next steps and start sending you different choices. I like the idea of picking things out before we go down there, but I'm sure alot of brides/grooms don't mind waiting until they get there.

It will be so nice to get out of the cold! So excited to spend a whole week away with our family and friends!

I'd like to have some things arranged before we get there, since they do so many weddings there's bound to be competition for locations and such.  She hasn't sent me anything except the form for the wedding license, which we may not even need as I we may be doing the legal bit here (still thinking about it).  I've asked her for photos of locations and table set up, anything, and she totally ignores me.  No spreadsheet yet either, though our guests have until Oct 15 to book still, so I suppose its ok she hasn't sent me that yet.  I wonder if she's this slow with everyone or is it because we're not using the Barcelo wedding packages? 

Do you still have pics of the centerpieces?  Would you mind sending them to me if you do?  I would be very grateful.  :)  Also, did she say what colour chair bows they have?

#34 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
        • 82 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

I do still have pics of the centrepieces! I also have pics of some of the flowers they offer for bouquets and corsages. I think I still have some of the ceremony/reception locations but I will have to check. If you pm your email address to me, I will send you what I have :)

The chair bow colours they have are: white, cream, green, yellow, orange, blue, dark blue, hot pink, red, and gold. i don't have any pictures of them though.

#35 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
          • 82 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

surprise_its_taken - I received your message with your email address. I sent you some emails with pics I have from the wedding coordinator. Hopefully you receive them all ok!

Mel :)

#36 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
            • 190 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Hey Tris!

We peeked in from above so we could get an idea as to how we wanted to do out layout, but I never  saw you

ask Kai if he or one of his friends walked away with Kraigs (my FI) "captain morgan" pirate hat, lol...Kraig has this pirate hate that looks just like the Captain Morgan hat, and he was wearing it around the house...one of Kai's friends had it on that I saw last...and mysteriously it was no where to be found the next day!! lol...Its a pretty funny hat! lol

So how much were you guys charging for drinks? We were going to $3.00, but i'm thinking to stick at $2.50. What did you charge for yuor raffle prizes? i really like the candy one!! We were goin to a package price with regular sheets of tix with some grand prizes. we've been seeing that at a lot of socials now, it seems like the asy way to go!!

The social we were at was prety good, a lot of people, it was for a guy that Kraig wors with. I dont' like it upstairs though, it's long and rectangular. You chose well with the main floor, thats what we chose too! They did have a trip for to Vegas, but yix were like $10.00 each..i don't know what his take away was from the social...

So are you set to go with the wedding details??

#37 surprise_its_taken

surprise_its_taken
              • 76 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by mexico_2011 

surprise_its_taken - I received your message with your email address. I sent you some emails with pics I have from the wedding coordinator. Hopefully you receive them all ok!

Mel :)

I did, thanks so much!

#38 tris

tris
                • 609 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig 

Hey Tris!

We peeked in from above so we could get an idea as to how we wanted to do out layout, but I never  saw you

ask Kai if he or one of his friends walked away with Kraigs (my FI) "captain morgan" pirate hat, lol...Kraig has this pirate hate that looks just like the Captain Morgan hat, and he was wearing it around the house...one of Kai's friends had it on that I saw last...and mysteriously it was no where to be found the next day!! lol...Its a pretty funny hat! lol

So how much were you guys charging for drinks? We were going to $3.00, but i'm thinking to stick at $2.50. What did you charge for yuor raffle prizes? i really like the candy one!! We were goin to a package price with regular sheets of tix with some grand prizes. we've been seeing that at a lot of socials now, it seems like the asy way to go!!

The social we were at was prety good, a lot of people, it was for a guy that Kraig wors with. I dont' like it upstairs though, it's long and rectangular. You chose well with the main floor, thats what we chose too! They did have a trip for to Vegas, but yix were like $10.00 each..i don't know what his take away was from the social...

So are you set to go with the wedding details??

I'll have to ask about the hat. That's hilarious though. The random things that go missing from parties... it's strange. We were charging $3 for drinks. We did something a little different for raffle tickets. Our regular tickets were 10 - $5 or 25 - $10, grand prize tickets (TV) were 1 - $5, 3 - $10, and the biggest HIT ever was we did a "prize pack". $20 for 30 regular tickets & 5 grand prize tickets. Everyone went for it. There's something about Winnipeggers... we love a deal, haha. We also did 50/50 and made about $200 of of it. We were going to do texas mickey but we decided last minute that everyone like cash and not everyone like rye.

Wedding stuff is in the works. Our wedding is April.28th so we've still got some time. We did the social early because a friend of mine (who was supposed to be my bridesmaid) moved to Australia for like 2 years... so we wanted to have her there and did it 2 days before she left :). How about you guys?

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#39 Pinz

Pinz
                  • 38 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

Hola fellow Winnipeg Brides! 

I am getting married March 1, 2011 at the Sandos Playacar - best wedding coordinator and prices! 

Cheers & Happy Planning!

Lindsay

Lindsay

#40 Avens

Avens
                    • 576 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

January 2012 at the Barcelo Maya Palace for me, we have 11 booked.  When you ladies get back I'd love to here all about it! (Or if you have any good info now!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users