Winnipeg Brides Out There!!!

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#11 Lite

• 96 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

No we aren't doing a AHR. We choose the destination wedding so we didn't have do anything at home. We want it small and intimate!

Anyone doing Boudoir pics? I want to do them as a gift before the wedding. Any suggestions on photographers?

#12 CaitlanB

• 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

I am considering doing a boudiour shoot too but I was trying to see if someone could recommend one that they had used and I didn't hear much.

#13 surprise_its_taken

• 76 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

How's the planning going ladies?

I agree with Lite, we chose a DW so we wouldn't have to organize anything like a reception, though I really like the bbq in the park idea. We're not having a social either (we're originally from SK, where socials are a foreign concept) :) Is anyone having/had a social?

#14 Fireweed

• 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:04 AM

We're not having a social, it's just not our style and seems like way too much work for me. We are having a small AHR that my mom is organizing - basically renting out a little restaurant or room, and inviting family friends who couldn't come to Cuba.

As for boudoir pictures, I think there's a bunch of photographers around the city that do them. I know Kamp photography does, just google the name.

#15 Lite

• 96 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

No we aren't doing a social either. We are born and raised Manitobans but have no interest in having ones. I know we will have a few disappointed friends and family because of it, but it's our decision!

I'm thinking of Nghia Tran Photography - Winnipeg Wedding Photography, Winnipeg Boudoir Photographer, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada for Boudoir, i like her style. Was just hoping someone had feedback on Boudoir. I'll probably get them in done in early February as i'll be going hard at the gym before the wedding! lol

#16 CaitlanB

• 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

We are not having a social, that is not really us but we're having an AHR with about 100 people. I wanted to be able to share everything with everyone at once and show the video and pictures ot people we care about, plus we are only inviting our parents and siblings to our wedding in Mexico. If it would have been in the summer I would have had a more casual reception, but I want it to be nice..its in March.

I plan on leaving my boudior shoot to the last minute too, I need to get on the treadmill more before I do that.

#17 tris

• 609 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

I really want to do boudoir pics but I've been looking around and I haven't found any... well... prices that I like. If anyone finds anything great, let me know!

Am I the only one having a social? I'm from small town Manitoba so it's pretty much expected of me, haha.
                Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#18 Jenn&Kraig

• 190 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hey Tris!!!

We are having a Spooktacular Halloween Social!!! This October 30!! Dakota CC!

Where is yours??

And Cindy K..We are getting married Feb 2011 in Punta Cana!! Small world!! We are going to the Majestic Elegence...how bought you?

#19 Lite

• 96 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

How's everyone's planning going?

We have 8 ppl booked for our February 2011 wedding.  I have no idea what our total # will be.  Everyone is being so cheap, and i guess vacations aren't priority for most of our guests....

Is anyone using the TA from here, Christine in Regina?

Bought my dress a month ago, LOVE it!!  I got it at CKLY on Graham.  They were really great.

#20 cindyklassen123

• 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

hi! we're getting married at dreams palm beach, end of march. we're heading down there this week to check it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users