Jump to content
Jenn&Kraig

Winnipeg Brides Out There!!!

Recommended Posts

I'm not from Winnipeg, but I live a few hours away in Northern Ontario... Winnipeg is the closest big city and where I will be doing all my wedding shopping.  :) Do any of you Winnipeg ladies have any suggestions for wedding dress shopping in the city that aren't outrageously priced????? I'm heading to the Peg in March and hoping to have a plan of attack for dress shopping before I get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Kya!

Honestly, I was suprised at how inexpensive the dresses were here! I was watching so much "Say Yes to the Dress" and watching them turn up their nose "well this is going to be difficult" when a bride came in with a $2000 budget. It terrified me!!

 

The most expensive dress I found while looking was just over $2000. Almost all of them were in the $800-$1200 range... that was my finding at least. I ended up lucking out and finding a floor model on sale that was EXACTLY what I was looking for. It was regular $1100 and I got it for $599 :). I got it at 7th Avenue on Corydon. It's a small shop (most are here), but I really reccomend stopping in. They were the friendliest staff I found in the city with lots of pretty dresses. When I went in to pick up my dress 2 weekends ago I noticed lots of new beachy dresses as well. All around $1000 or less.

 

:)! Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SORRY! It's on Academy, close to Polo Park
 

Originally Posted by tris View Post

Hey Kya!

Honestly, I was suprised at how inexpensive the dresses were here! I was watching so much "Say Yes to the Dress" and watching them turn up their nose "well this is going to be difficult" when a bride came in with a $2000 budget. It terrified me!!

 

The most expensive dress I found while looking was just over $2000. Almost all of them were in the $800-$1200 range... that was my finding at least. I ended up lucking out and finding a floor model on sale that was EXACTLY what I was looking for. It was regular $1100 and I got it for $599 :). I got it at 7th Avenue on Corydon. It's a small shop (most are here), but I really reccomend stopping in. They were the friendliest staff I found in the city with lots of pretty dresses. When I went in to pick up my dress 2 weekends ago I noticed lots of new beachy dresses as well. All around $1000 or less.

 

:)! Good luck!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you sooo much!!! I watch way too much Say Yes to the Dress also and was getting pretty nervous about the budget. That's relaxing to know that there will be dresses in my budget in Winnipeg. I really didn't want to have to go to the States if I don't have to. Out of curiosity did you go to Grand Forks or Fargo for dressing shopping at all??? My brother lives in the city and said that a lot of people go there to shop. I have never been and was just wondering if it would even be worth it?
 

Originally Posted by tris View Post

Hey Kya!

Honestly, I was suprised at how inexpensive the dresses were here! I was watching so much "Say Yes to the Dress" and watching them turn up their nose "well this is going to be difficult" when a bride came in with a $2000 budget. It terrified me!!

 

The most expensive dress I found while looking was just over $2000. Almost all of them were in the $800-$1200 range... that was my finding at least. I ended up lucking out and finding a floor model on sale that was EXACTLY what I was looking for. It was regular $1100 and I got it for $599 :). I got it at 7th Avenue on Corydon. It's a small shop (most are here), but I really reccomend stopping in. They were the friendliest staff I found in the city with lots of pretty dresses. When I went in to pick up my dress 2 weekends ago I noticed lots of new beachy dresses as well. All around $1000 or less.

 

:)! Good luck!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Yah, a LOT of us head to Grand Forks or Fargo to shop. I didn't go for my wedding dress because I thought it would be more trouble dealing with alterations and such... but as far as clothes shopping my family goes once a year around Easter. Since my wedding is that weekend now we won't be going this year :( !


If you want a great weekend of shopping I recommend going though! It's a LOT of fun and there's always great deals :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's good to know, I should plan a fun girls weekend of shopping there sometime. I have the same concerns about wedding dress shopping there also, but either way where I live I'm going to be making a trip for alterations... can't win when you live at the end of a northern highway :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are lots of shops downtown on vaughan, portage and graham ave.  you can walk to all of them.  i would suggest buying something off the rack and make sure that you negotiate a deal.  they will come down on price.  i bought mine at casseopia's and they gave me 30% off for buying off the rack and a maximum alteration price of $125 which is really good for wedding dress alterations.  i even cut the train off my dress and they are making me a wrap out of the material included in my alterations...

 

Originally Posted by kya101 View Post

I'm not from Winnipeg, but I live a few hours away in Northern Ontario... Winnipeg is the closest big city and where I will be doing all my wedding shopping.  :) Do any of you Winnipeg ladies have any suggestions for wedding dress shopping in the city that aren't outrageously priced????? I'm heading to the Peg in March and hoping to have a plan of attack for dress shopping before I get there.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow... that's an awesome savings!!! I will definitely have to take a peak in Casseopia's!!! Thanks for the great tip!!!! I'm getting very excited to start looking for "the" dress!
 

Originally Posted by Pinz View Post

there are lots of shops downtown on vaughan, portage and graham ave.  you can walk to all of them.  i would suggest buying something off the rack and make sure that you negotiate a deal.  they will come down on price.  i bought mine at casseopia's and they gave me 30% off for buying off the rack and a maximum alteration price of $125 which is really good for wedding dress alterations.  i even cut the train off my dress and they are making me a wrap out of the material included in my alterations...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kya101 View Post

I'm not from Winnipeg, but I live a few hours away in Northern Ontario... Winnipeg is the closest big city and where I will be doing all my wedding shopping.  :) Do any of you Winnipeg ladies have any suggestions for wedding dress shopping in the city that aren't outrageously priced????? I'm heading to the Peg in March and hoping to have a plan of attack for dress shopping before I get there.


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In any of your dress shopping have any of you noticed Tea Length Dresses at any of these shops in Winnipeg??? I'm leaning towards going with a tea length and am hoping I will be able to find some there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×