Photo

Taking underwater cameras through airport security??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

From what I have read they say to take the card out of your camera. I always carry mine with me because I have seen how those big dude throw bags like basketballs. EEHHK! Not my camera, no sir.

Old film will have poored quality. Like baked goods they start to go bad...now I want a cinnamon roll.
    if you want to order less expensive ones do a dry ( or wet) run to see how the quality is before you go.

#12 Trista

Trista
    • 304 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:04 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Stephanie 525
      From what I have read they say to take the card out of your camera.
      Good idea, thanks so much, it makes sense~
      COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

#13 calyx6

calyx6
      • 160 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan

Thanks for the expert advice! What do you think of buying cameras that expired 2 years ago. Will they still work? A lot of sites sell old underwater cameras for cheap.
        Ok, so I'm not the official camera/film expert on this thread but I also used to work in a photo lab. Depending on how they were stored and handled, there may be a color shift with the cameras that expired. They should still work, but the quality may not be as good as if they were properly stored and within the expiration period. Chemicals do degrade over time. Again, it's not the actual camera that expires, it's the film within. That being said, I've used expired film with no problems.

-Vi-
        Tulum - November 3, 2007

#14 calyx6

calyx6
        • 160 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Trista
          Okay, another question, is it film only? I am bringing my professional camera that holds digital pics, will that have an affect? I am now worried about this, but gosh I may as well put the camera in my carry on then? UGH~
          Silly question on my part maybe, but why would you not put your camera in your carry on? I've been there when a friend's camera went "missing" after he checked it with his luggage.

-Vi-
          Tulum - November 3, 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users