Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Decoration Help!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hey guys getting hitched in 3/2011. Booked Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay. I think we have decided on their open air steakhouse restaurant on the beach. I would like to decorate to make it feel romantic, (candles, soft lighting)... Any suggestions on centerpieces or anything I can bring with me in my luggage to help with that effect? Also, any idea on keeping candles lit on a beach? Thanks!

#2 NikkiT.

NikkiT.
    • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hello! I am having my rehearsal dinner there and I found a lot of ideas on the planning threads. Also, one of the Iberostar Suites brides posted that Nicole has batter operated flame candles so you might want to send her an email and ask about that. Lisa had some really pretty decorations so look at her review also. I think it was a couple of weeks ago. Good luck!

#3 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
      • 282 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

I saw her review, that's what got me thinking. Battery operated would be great, I could put it under a luminary to hide it. Lisa used lanterns, I think I will too. I wish I had more pics! I'm a planner, I need everything figured out way in advance lol.

#4 NikkiT.

NikkiT.
        • 106 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

Yes and it was really pretty! That would be awesome for the steakhouse. I think Lisa is waiting for her pro pictures to come back. I have PM'd her to ask some questions and she is really sweet so you could probably ask her to email you certain pictures once she gets them. Good luck with your planning and I understand because I am a planner also and it is never too early to start!

#5 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
          • 282 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

update: I think I might move my reception to the Calabash the indoor gourment restaurant just for the sake of air conditioning lol. Now i just need Nicole to get back to me to tell me if there will be room for dancing and 70 people seated.

#6 NikkiT.

NikkiT.
            • 106 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

MsSmithtoBe,

When you have a chance read Edsweety's IBHS review. The wedding was on December 19, 2009 and she had her reception for about 65 at the gourmet aka Calabash restuarant.

Nikki

#7 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
              • 282 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by NikkiT.
                MsSmithtoBe,

When you have a chance read Edsweety's IBHS review. The wedding was on December 19, 2009 and she had her reception for about 65 at the gourmet aka Calabash restuarant.

Nikki
                Thanks! I'm on my way!

#8 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                • 359 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

I also decided to do Calabash for the A/C. It also seems more elegant! After a beach wedding I want to put my heels on and a bug free environment if food is involved!

#9 tross84

tross84
                  • Banned
                  • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

thank you ladies...this is all very helpful in my planning

#10 amyandjeroen

amyandjeroen
                    • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

I am also trying to figure out decorations for our wedding dinner at Calabash (August 2012.) I am so visual and have googled pictures of the restaurant but not found much... Does anybody out there have any photos of the restaurant? I'd love to have some dim lighting or lots of candles... Basically open to any suggestions or photos of what others have done! Thanks! :o)  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users