Photo

Want to go back

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Girasole

Girasole
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

So this week has been nuts for me with work & last night I was so sad because I miss our trip and wedding...it went by so fast and even though we had a great time, I SOOOOOO want to go back. Anyone else feel like this after they got home?
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#2 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
    • 829 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

I haven't been yet -- but I am absolutely dreading this feeling when I get back! BUT I get depressed after getting back from all my vacations lol, so I know this one will be just as bad!

Any tips on how to enjoy the vacation? I'm going to try to take a step back and soak it all in as much as possible!

#3 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
      • 573 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

yes, yes, yes. I was unable to even go on the forum because I missed so much. And time flew by while we were there. It did not feel like there was enough time to relax. I hated being home again.

#4 mlabbe

mlabbe
        • 784 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

I miss it tons too! It really goes by too quickly...

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

LOL.... I'm two years out and I still look at our pictures and want to go back! Honestly, I've been on a few vacations since but the wedding week is still the best time of our lives! It will be hard to get over and to top!
            Happily married since 2008

#6 sap

sap
            • 217 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

Oh no! Now I'm sad too! I am soo excited that we are only 40+ days away...I don't want to leave!!

#7 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
              • 888 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

We haven't gotten married yet, but we just took a trip to Jamaica and got back last weekend. I'm so sad that we're back. I want to hold on to our "relaxed, in-love vacation time" feeling, and I can feel it beginning to slip away.

#8 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
                • 829 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Oh noo!!! This thread is depressing ,lol...I don't think I will come back to this one again!

#9 Nicyx

Nicyx
                  • 2,914 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:12 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sungoddess_08
                    I haven't been yet -- but I am absolutely dreading this feeling when I get back! BUT I get depressed after getting back from all my vacations lol, so I know this one will be just as bad!

Any tips on how to enjoy the vacation? I'm going to try to take a step back and soak it all in as much as possible!
                    Everything you have said is what i was thinking x

#10 islandbride317

islandbride317
                    • 1,866 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

Perhaps I'm just a weirdo, or an eternal optimist, but....

I'm going to actually say that, REMARKABLY, I wasn't as sad as I thought I was going to be when we were preparing to leave Jamaica after our DW! I was CERTAIN I would be an inconsolable, hysterically-crying mess, but really I was just the opposite! I was just thrilled to finally be married and I was excited to get home and start the next chapter in our lives as husband and wife (even though we've already lived together for 4 years, something really felt fresh and exciting about coming home as a married couple!)

Or maybe I wasn't all that upset because I was just so nervous and worried about things going well before we left that I was satisfied with an incredible sense of relief that my guests had a wonderful time, and that it didn't rain for my ceremony!

Now, I'll admit that I DO still have a bit of "bridal-fever", I watch all the TV shows (and I'm embarassed to say that I even got a little jealous of my newly-engaged friend, since my experience as the bride is now over and hers has just begun), but I think it's TOTALLY NORMAL to be a little let down...I mean, how could you NOT be, right?!

We've all spent AN INCREDIBLE amount of our time, effort, emotions, and money preparing for this one huge event in our lives (sometimes focusing on it for 2 or more years!), and when it's over, it's sort of like, "Ok -now what? What do you mean I'm not so special since I'm not *the bride* anymore??!"

That is where BDW comes in and saves the day, because as a marvelous Mrs., you can still be a part of the bridal world by sharing your expertise, tips and tricks with the new brides-to-be, and it's like reliving your entire wedding experience all over again! Then, everybody wins! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users