destination vs home wedding

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!! Being from Chicago, I know just how expensive a traditional wedding can be and that was one of the reasons why we chose a DW. But it was more than just the money for us....I was looking for something more intimate and personal as well. I would recommend making a list with pros and cons of the traditional wedding in Chicago versus the destination wedding to decide on that first....then if a DW is the way you want to go, then you can start looking at resorts/locations. I think if you try to decide on the wedding as well as the location in the same process it will be much to overwhelming.

Whatever you decide...happy planning :)
    Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#12 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the forum! It's a tough decision but for me and my FI we wanted a DW from the beginning. It still has stress but a lot less and can be much more intimate, which is what we were looking for. Once you narrow down what is most important to you both for the wedding day you'll be able to make your decision and the forum is a great place to turn to for ideas on absolutely everything. Good luck!
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#13 natalie1987

• 201 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Congrats on the engagement:)!!

#14 conosur

• 20 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

I suggest Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Santo Domingo...all these cities have great colonial history, rich-fun culture and beautiful beaches..

#15 mmc1105

• 173 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:59 PM

Congrats and welcome!! It's a tough decision, but we also wanted something a bit more intimate (and affordable!) so we decided DW. Good luck and happy planning!
            Alexander & Marci - May 6, 2011

#16 2Blessed2Stress

• 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:58 AM

Should've just got married while you were out in Hawaii and called it a day, lol.

#17 newfiegal75

• 95 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:41 AM

congrats, welcome & happy planning :)

#18 blckrevpower

• 572 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

Jamaica bride here! We just found it less expensive to do a destination, but many brides here spent more than they would on a stateside wedding. It just depends on you as a person and what you are willing to spend
                  good luck with the planning!
                  "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#19 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

Congrats on your recent engagement and welcome to the forum. Good luck and happy planning!

#20 MysTea

• 559 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

Congrats! and if it helps I vote MEXicO! Arrriiiba!!
                      **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users