Booking ends tonight @ midnight....

So, our guests have had months notice about our trip and where/when to book.

WE STILL HAVE 4 ROOMS UNOCCUPIED!!!!!!!

We reserved the minimum of ten rooms with our TA. four are still open.

what the heck.

FI's very own SISTER has NOT booked!!!!!!!

one of my BFF's has NOT booked!!!!!

other people who said, "YEA IM DOWN!!" not down at all... but I figured that much.

So now, we have to pay penalties on empty rooms.

I emailed my TA to see if we can break our room up into to 3night stays. Maybe upgrade the second set of nights. She says, "They wont let me do that"... Who wonthuh.gif wth!

so the wonderful gift of $2000 my FIL are gifting us for the wedding may have to go towards empty rooms.

im so bummed.

Oh no Betty that sucks! I hope that a few people surprised you by coming through at the last minute and booking before the deadline. I know that for our first deposit deadline for our group people had to fax in their credit card authorizations to my TA and there were literally like over 10 people calling me the night of the deadline wondering how to fax these in since they didn't have a fax machine... geesh way to think ahead. I just think it is amazing how last minute people can be about these things. And unfortunately although this is totally at the forefront of our minds (and the source of major stress!!), it's completely at the back of theirs.

I feel your pain Betty! We finally booked our ten rooms but it was soooooooo ridiculously painful and took a friggin month of emailing back and forth with guests, my TA, Westjet and Dreams.

The whole thing was so frustrating and stressful that if I could do it again, I would have let everyone do it on their own. Aaand, neither of FI's sisters have booked and now prices have gone way up! Poor FI msncry.gif

that really sucks!! we all know that our weddings arent at the top of anyone's lists but our own, but you'd think that people would book when they said they would!!

when we started this process, guests where upset that I didn't do a group booking & have set prices, but i did not want to deal with the stress of rounding everyone up when the time came, paying for unoccupied rooms, etc. now i'm really glad i didn't block rooms because there are SEVERAL key people who still havent' booked...including MY PARENTS, grrr!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with this. Arranging travel was a nightmare, even though we had a wonderful agent. Guests keep calling, asking me questions and I had to keep referring them to her. We set aside 10 rooms and luckily we got 12 rooms filled- ( most were booked WAY after our first deposit date and with some cajoling)! Most of my guests did their own thing and kept looking( and are still looking for) for better deals.

I hope it all works our for you!!

I hope it worked out for you and some people came through for you that night.

I had to do a ton of calling and begging people to put down deposits on their rooms so that we could get 10 rooms booked and that way my FI and I wouldnt get stuck with the cost.

I do hear all of you with the babysitting and nagging issues. 3 of our groomsmen havent booked yet, no one in FI's family have booked and one of my brother's havent booked yet. so frustrating hissyfit.gif. I am hoping that by sending out the actual invite 3mths before the final payment is due will kind of remind people that they need to book.

But I have already heard from lots of people that we invited that they are looking to see if they can get a better price to get there. That is kind of heart breaking. I know our price is great and our TA is amazing and worked hard at getting it.

It is so hard not turning all bridezilla on people about this. it would be nice if the people we invited cared almost as much as we did.

It is so nice to hear that we are not alone in this though. So glad i am on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loua4 View Post
But I have already heard from lots of people that we invited that they are looking to see if they can get a better price to get there. That is kind of heart breaking. I know our price is great and our TA is amazing and worked hard at getting it.
People have said this to me too which is unfortunate because the resort I've chosen is so popular that rates do not get better as time goes on, they actually go up as the resort fills. It also has the potential to fill right up so people that wait too long might not even be able to book.

I secured a rate of $1400 for a week out of my departure city for our group if we got ten rooms booked. We booked the ten rooms on the last possible day. A week later, the same trip went up to $1800 on Westjets website.smile36.gif I was feeling bad for those who didn't book with us but hey, its their fault right?!

I didn't pre-book anything for my guests so maybe I'm missing something here. But if you have to pay anyway, why can't you hold the rooms for people who will probably want them as the date gets closer? or will that be more money? In any case, sorry this is stressful for you!! And I hope your guests didn't let you down!

wow! you got a great rate. To bad more people didnt take advantage of that. I am so happy for you that you got your rooms book. that is fantastic! Dont feel to bad for those who didnt get organized enough for your rate. It is their fault. but hopefully it all works out and lots still make it out to your wedding.