• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

Woohoo!

Apparently BDW has everything...hotel info, vendor reviews, porta-potty advice. . .! lol!!

Who woulda' thought we'd have a whole thread about bathrooms! lol!

#22 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by redwards
      Woohoo!

Apparently BDW has everything...hotel info, vendor reviews, porta-potty advice. . .! lol!!

lol!!!

#23 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by redwards
        Woohoo!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#24 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
          My fiance and I are looking into having our AHR at his parents house, cuz they have alot of property. Our families are huge and we have 267 MUST have people on our list. This doesn't include the friends that I cut but really didn't want to. Ya know, the friends that you go down the shore with in the summer, but don't hear from all winter. They are still my friends, but we don't see each other all the time. Anyway, we decided to have it at Matt's parents house cuz we could possibly add back people that we cut. I was wondering if anyone has done this type of party and what the cost was. We want it to be nice, but not formal. Matt is supposed to be finding this info out, which is why I don't know, and I am trying not to step on his toes and let him do it, but it's driving me crazy. Sorry, this post is kinda all over the place.

that is so funny -"down the shore" - only the diehard PA/NJ people are going to get that ;-)

#25 Lillie09

Lillie09
          • 114 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

I'm sorry but I cannot figure out what AHR stands for. Can someone tell me. Hope it's not a stupid question. Thanks

#26 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lillie09
              I'm sorry but I cannot figure out what AHR stands for. Can someone tell me. Hope it's not a stupid question. Thanks
              It stands for "At Home Reception"! (Not stupid at all!)

#27 Lillie09

Lillie09
              • 114 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

Thank you!

#28 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

Ours will be a fiesta at my parents house as well. We have nowhere near as many people invited as you do...that's one heck of an AHR! I guess I'm really no help...lol

#29 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:37 AM

I know, I would much prefer a small party (hence the fact we choose an DW!), but my FFIL is one of 11 siblings, my dad is one of 7 and my mom is one of 6, his mom just has 2 sisters, but they all have a few kids (our ages) as well. We both have pretty large groups of friends that we managed to stay in touch with, so it's hard to cut it down. Also, since my FFIL is from Italy, and has family is Australia and New Zealand, it appears that extended family likes to attend functions as well, when they can.

#30 Heidi

Heidi
                    • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                      I know, I would much prefer a small party (hence the fact we choose an DW!), but my FFIL is one of 11 siblings, my dad is one of 7 and my mom is one of 6, his mom just has 2 sisters, but they all have a few kids (our ages) as well. We both have pretty large groups of friends that we managed to stay in touch with, so it's hard to cut it down. Also, since my FFIL is from Italy, and has family is Australia and New Zealand, it appears that extended family likes to attend functions as well, when they can.
                      I feel you Carly - marrying into a huge family myself! And his family from Trinidad, England, Ireland, Canada, etc all usually travel for things like weddings - and most plan on attending our AHR. Argh! Maybe we could combine forces and have our own ginormic UN-type gathering! haha!!!
                      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users