Photo

Alternative to bridesmaids bouquets...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 CaitMarae

CaitMarae
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:44 AM

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Bermuda next April. I am trying to cut costs wherever I can but I still want to make sure that my event is classy.

I am having a hard enough time forking out $150 for my bouquet that I probably wont even like (we dont really get much say in the flowers) and that I will use for 20 minutes to then leave there as we cannot bring fresh flowers back onto the cruise ship.

The maids bouquets are $75 each. I would need 2. Does anyone have any alternatives to bridesmaid bouquets that would fit well with a beach wedding in Bermuda? If the ideas are cool enough, I wont hesitate to scrap my bouquet either.

I thought about ordering fake flowers, which I am still open to, but I have yet to find anything that didn't scream artificial.

Thanks for the help!

Side note: I did search the forum but couldn't find anything similar to be question. My apologies if there is already a thread out there.

#2 luciel2820

luciel2820
    • 474 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

You can have parasols, fans, pomander flower balls, or corsages

#3 Stacy015

Stacy015
      • 172 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

I have definitely seen other threads on this.. but I'm having my bridesmaids carry single flowers... I have seen threads recommend parasols and fans..

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

Have you tried searching?

#5 KGirl99

KGirl99
          • 189 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

I thought I saw a post similar to this one. I have seen one bride use pinwheels. She had everybody in her wedding party (BM, FG) carry a pinwheel and she even used pinwheels to decorate their aisle!

#6 Tifany

Tifany
            • 248 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

You could even try clutches!

#7 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
              • 134 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CaitMarae
                My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Bermuda next April. I am trying to cut costs wherever I can but I still want to make sure that my event is classy.

I am having a hard enough time forking out $150 for my bouquet that I probably wont even like (we dont really get much say in the flowers) and that I will use for 20 minutes to then leave there as we cannot bring fresh flowers back onto the cruise ship.

The maids bouquets are $75 each. I would need 2. Does anyone have any alternatives to bridesmaid bouquets that would fit well with a beach wedding in Bermuda? If the ideas are cool enough, I wont hesitate to scrap my bouquet either.

I thought about ordering fake flowers, which I am still open to, but I have yet to find anything that didn't scream artificial.

Thanks for the help!

Side note: I did search the forum but couldn't find anything similar to be question. My apologies if there is already a thread out there.
                You should look into "Real Touch" fake flowers. VERY realistic but may not save you much money. But at least you will be able to keep you bouquet.

#8 t1219

t1219
                • 310 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

I think this shell bouquet is kind of a neat idea:
                  Shell Bouquet How-To

If you want to go the flower route I would just have your bridesmaids do a single flower.

#9 nmurch

nmurch
                  • 396 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

i got my real touch BM bouqets for like.. 40 bucks each i think wich is SO reasonalble!!!

i have a thread on it. it's identical to my bouqet only mine doesn't have the green orchids... the thread i posted only is my bridal bouqet and grrom bout and they are also just my proof's... i did do some changing.. but anyways you can get an ideal that they arnt super exxpensive and can be beautiful!

http://bestdestinati....a-think-58666/
                    jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#10 Bride2Be21

Bride2Be21
                    • 167 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

I like the parasol idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users