Jump to content

Photo

Aruba Wedding - Need all the help I can get!


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 livelaughlove314

livelaughlove314
  • Newbie
  • 2 posts

    Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

    Wedding Date: October 11, 2012
    Location: Aruba

    I know we are still a long way from our wedding date, but I figure it never to early to plan something like this.

    I am still in the researching phase, please share any recommendations for:
    Wedding planners
    Photographers
    Best beaches to have a ceremony at

    Any any other helpful advise!

    Thanks!

    #2 A_J_Mitchell

    A_J_Mitchell
    • Jr. Member
    • 252 posts

      Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by livelaughlove314
      Wedding Date: October 11, 2012
      Location: Aruba

      I know we are still a long way from our wedding date, but I figure it never to early to plan something like this.

      I am still in the researching phase, please share any recommendations for:
      Wedding planners
      Photographers
      Best beaches to have a ceremony at

      Any any other helpful advise!

      Thanks!

      Hi, I'm also getting married in Aruba this July..You have to check out Renaissance Island to have your wedding...You get the whole island to yourselves..Here's a link to a wedding that was on Ren Island.
      Real Weddings: Alicia & Rob | Weddingbee

      As for photographers, there are several but I ended up going with Angela from Bella Aruba Photography.
      http://bellarubaphotography.com/

      You can't go wrong just go with your gut and you'll be great!! :)
       

       


      #3 Future Mrs. M

      Future Mrs. M
      • Jr. Member
      • 319 posts

        Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

        Hi!! We went to our friend's wedding in Aruba and it was beautiful! We stayed at the Renaissance but wish we had stayed closer to where the wedding was.

        We are big beach people and loved the beaches where all of the hotels are. Our friend got married at the Occidental Grand and her pictures came out amazing!! The beach in the background was just gorgeous! The reception was awesome too! Everyone talked about the wedding for months and how much fun it was. That was the first destination wedding we had gone to and because of it, when we got engaged we knew we wanted a destination wedding.

        Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios


        #4 MDLady

        MDLady
        • Jr. Member
        • 433 posts

          Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

          We just got back from our wedding at the Hyatt. The resort itself is amazingly beautiful. Our stay was wonderful and we would have been extremely happy if it wasn't for a few wedding day problems which really ruined my impression of the Hyatt. We were assured that it was the first time huge mistakes were made but when it's your wedding and your only wedding day, does it really matter? I've read many other reviews which were rave so maybe it was just a fluke (or bad luck as we were told by the mgmt which in reality were their mistakes and their vendors).

          It is definitely never too early to start doing research. The resorts have their own wedding planners and I doubt that they will let you bring your own unless your own will work with THEIR wedding planner. We hired Diane Keijzer as our photographer but we just got back so I really don't know how the pictures came out. She was extremely sweet and warm and helped a lot where the wedding planner dropped the ball which was a lot.

          Our ceremony was on Palm Beach right in front of the Hyatt. It was very nice but the only thing to beware of is that the sun sets on that side of the island so if your guests are facing the sea, they will have sun directly in their faces. We solved that problem by making the aisle/seats at a slight angle to the beach. It was still gorgeous with a sunset, just a little toasty and sunny at times :)

          Wow, I just realized that you are 2.5 years away!!!! You have plenty of time. I would suggest a visit if at all possible. It will greatly help you with not only meeting the planner at the resort, photographer, etc but also helping you visualize the space, check out the hotels as well as do some food tastings (which we didn't do since we didn't visit prior). I think that would probably be the biggest recommendation. Go check out a few places and get a feel for what you like and feel.

          Keep in mind though that this far ahead of the wedding, things may change. There might be a construction site next door in the next 2 years, or the current wedding planner may leave (which is what happened to us). Otherwise good luck. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Aruba is gorgeous and I miss it already!!!

          #5 hat0112

          hat0112
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,219 posts

            Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

            We are getting married at the Westin and we are using the wedding coordinator there. We are also using all the vendors that the Westin works with. Most resorts will have certain vendors they like to use and they will have a wedding coordinator to help you.

            I agree with MDlady and it is never too early. Since you have so much time if you can afford it, I would go on a visit prior. We would have loved to do that but we weren't able to. I think seeing everything in person will help you make decisions.
            Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

            I love being a Mrs.!

            #6 VA_Bride

            VA_Bride
            • Newbie
            • 23 posts

              Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

              MDLady! Congratulations on the wedding! Maybe you could start your own thread and tell us more about your wedding and how things went. Maybe some reviews/critiques for those of us still in the planning stage.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MDLady
              We just got back from our wedding at the Hyatt. The resort itself is amazingly beautiful. Our stay was wonderful and we would have been extremely happy if it wasn't for a few wedding day problems which really ruined my impression of the Hyatt. We were assured that it was the first time huge mistakes were made but when it's your wedding and your only wedding day, does it really matter? I've read many other reviews which were rave so maybe it was just a fluke (or bad luck as we were told by the mgmt which in reality were their mistakes and their vendors).

              It is definitely never too early to start doing research. The resorts have their own wedding planners and I doubt that they will let you bring your own unless your own will work with THEIR wedding planner. We hired Diane Keijzer as our photographer but we just got back so I really don't know how the pictures came out. She was extremely sweet and warm and helped a lot where the wedding planner dropped the ball which was a lot.

              Our ceremony was on Palm Beach right in front of the Hyatt. It was very nice but the only thing to beware of is that the sun sets on that side of the island so if your guests are facing the sea, they will have sun directly in their faces. We solved that problem by making the aisle/seats at a slight angle to the beach. It was still gorgeous with a sunset, just a little toasty and sunny at times :)

              Wow, I just realized that you are 2.5 years away!!!! You have plenty of time. I would suggest a visit if at all possible. It will greatly help you with not only meeting the planner at the resort, photographer, etc but also helping you visualize the space, check out the hotels as well as do some food tastings (which we didn't do since we didn't visit prior). I think that would probably be the biggest recommendation. Go check out a few places and get a feel for what you like and feel.

              Keep in mind though that this far ahead of the wedding, things may change. There might be a construction site next door in the next 2 years, or the current wedding planner may leave (which is what happened to us). Otherwise good luck. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Aruba is gorgeous and I miss it already!!!


              #7 MDLady

              MDLady
              • Jr. Member
              • 433 posts

                Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by VA_Bride
                MDLady! Congratulations on the wedding! Maybe you could start your own thread and tell us more about your wedding and how things went. Maybe some reviews/critiques for those of us still in the planning stage.
                Thanks! We had a blast in Aruba and at our wedding but there were definitely problems where the resort dropped the ball. I will definitely do that, just need a little time to put it all together :) We just got back on Sunday and bought a house so needless to say, things are a little hectic.

                #8 Justagirl

                Justagirl
                • Newbie
                • 4 posts

                  Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

                  Hi there! 

                   

                  I am also planning for a 2012 wedding in aruba. Were talking to the wed coordinator, Eliana at Occidental Resort. My fiance and I stayed at Occidental summer of 2008 and we loved it.  Did you choose a place?  We are thinking of Momento Photography as our photographer.  

                  Congrats and good luck. 

                   

                  ~Justagirl
                   

                  Originally Posted by livelaughlove314 

                  Wedding Date: October 11, 2012
                  Location: Aruba

                  I know we are still a long way from our wedding date, but I figure it never to early to plan something like this.

                  I am still in the researching phase, please share any recommendations for:
                  Wedding planners
                  Photographers
                  Best beaches to have a ceremony at

                  Any any other helpful advise!

                  Thanks!


                   



                  #9 traceysteve

                  traceysteve
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 328 posts

                    Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:05 PM


                    any tips about the Westin? I'm hoping to have my deposit down by the end of the week.
                     

                    Originally Posted by hat0112 

                    We are getting married at the Westin and we are using the wedding coordinator there. We are also using all the vendors that the Westin works with. Most resorts will have certain vendors they like to use and they will have a wedding coordinator to help you.

                    I agree with MDlady and it is never too early. Since you have so much time if you can afford it, I would go on a visit prior. We would have loved to do that but we weren't able to. I think seeing everything in person will help you make decisions.


                     



                    #10 weddingbelle

                    weddingbelle
                    • Newbie
                    • 9 posts

                      Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:07 PM

                      Hello! Has anyone worked with E2 Aruba Events? Things seemed to be going smoothly until we paid our deposit ("caribbean time" aside). Any info on previous experiences would be GREATLY appreciated!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users