Wedding Bahia Principe Coba April 28/10

Our wedding was April 28/2010, we stayed at the Coba side of the resort, but our ceremony was at the hammocks location on the Akumal beach.

I will give star rating out of 5 *****

Wedding (5 Stars *****)

I am happy to say that the wedding day and Karla (our coordinator) were both amazing. The day started off cloudy and rainy. For some reason I felt no stress I felt calm and happy. I was just happy that the day had finally arrived. My mom and fiancé called the room a few times to tell me not to worry about the rain, but my bridesmaids informed them that I really was not freaking out. Our ceremony we set for 3pm and at 2pm the clouds cleared from the sky and the beautiful sun came out to bless our beautiful day.

My maid of honor who is also a hairdresser arrived bright and early to begin my hair. The rest of my bridesmaids and my mother went to the spa to have their hair done. They all looked absolutely beautiful. I was happy with the spaâ€s work on their hair. Karlaâ€s assistant arrived around this time to drop off the flowers and boutineers.

At about 1:30pm my dad arrived at the room and was very emotional. I get a tear just thinking about it.

At 2pm Eric Rodriguez (our professional photographer) arrived to take getting ready photos. You can find out more about him n the photographer section.

2:55pm a golf cart arrived at the room to pick us up and take us to the ceremony location. As we were driving to the location I began to get very emotional. It was all starting to sink in. My dad was sitting beside me fanning me because it was SOOOOO hot and humid and I think he was worried I might pass out in my big dress lol. My bridesmaids kept me calm until we reached the Akumal location.

3:00pm my bridesmaids began to walk to the sandy hill towards the ceremony. My mom and dad stood on either side of me. The both told me how much they loved me and how beautiful I looked. My dad was crying and my mom was holding back tears. Karla told us to go and I could hear my beautiful song (Somewhere over the rainbow) begin to play. I could see all of my loved ones standing there waiting for me. I tried to take in all of their faces and emotions. When I reached the chairs I saw my handsome fiancé smiling back at me. I felt so lucky to be walking towards such a wonderful man. My mom and dad exchanged hugs and handshakes with Kelsey (my now husband). We wrote our own vows, and to my surprise we did not have to say the vows they provided. I was under the impression that you could say your own vows, but you also had to say theirs for legal purposes. Kelsey began to cry when he read his, which in turn made me cry. I looked out at our family and friends and everyone was crying. I was told later by many people that our ceremony was one of the most emotionally touching wedding they had ever been to. (That was nice to hear).

After the ceremony we all went under a grass hut to share a toast and then the professional photos began. After the group shot and family pictures everyone left us and went for some drinks before supper. While the photographs were being taken Karla informed me that our reception would have to be moved indoors because there was a good chance of rain. I was a bit disappointed, but what can you do?

We had our wedding supper at the Portifino. I will be honest, I was soooo hot that I had about 2 bites of my food. But it was delicious. The other guests said it was great.

We did a legal ceremony so earlier in the week we had blood tests done.

Travel (2 Stars **)

We used a local travel agent that I will not name because we were VERY unhappy with her services. Our travel company was Air Transat. We received a $500 discount for booking a specific amount of people (I think It was 20). There were 36 of us in all. We have heard of other wedding couples getting upgraded to first class, free luggage etc. We did not receive any perks like that. We had amazing service on the plane, but this was only because we paid an extra $300.00 per direction to be moved up to first class (or club class as itâ€s called). Our guests received very poor service on the plane in economy class. They had trouble getting drinks (even water). On the flight home our guests told us that the movies did not work and the air vents were broken. So they flew 6 hours in a very hot plane. We came home a week later and did not have these problems.

Resort (2 Stars **)

My husband and I have been to the Bahia Principe before and we LOVED it. We had amazing service and an unforgettable good time.

I am sad to say that we did not feel the same about the Bahia this time around. From the unfriendly staff to a broken air conditioner that caused us problems for the whole 2 weeks we were there, our experience we very different form our first time.

We would not go back!

Photographer (5 Stars *****)

We had Erik Rodriguez from Claudia Rodriguezâ€s company. He was AMAZING! I saw a few of the pictures just on his camera and I was impressed. He had an assistant and 2 or 3 cameras a bunch of lenses and some cool flashes that he set up all over the place for cool effects. I cannot wait to see the pictures. I should have them at the end of June.

DJ Bob (5 Stars *****)

WOW! DJ Bob was great. He played most of our selected music but also kept people on the dance floor by picking good sections himself! Have a DJ was worth every penny! We even had a bit on an issue with a waiter who tried to pack up the bar 2 Hours early. DJ Bob talked to the staff and got things worked out.

I am happy to answer any questions :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swong View Post
Very nice pictures!! Thanks for the review! I have a small question, did you planned for a poolside reception and ended having to move indoor? or it was a dinner reception?
Yes, unfortunately the weather was calling for rain so the reception moved indoors. It was so humid that night that the air-conditioning in the banquet room turned out to be blessing!