Destinationweddings.com Planners

newtothis2010

So sorry you have to go through this! Everything will be okay and you will still have a beautiful wedding!!!

Originally Posted by mariav View Post

I am working with them now, and my wedding is a week away.  My TA has been quite helpful, but then again, she has also upset a couple of my guests by being rude and inflexible. 

FYI - they did get us a "discounted rate" but today I got a call from my TA saying that they need to - GET THIS - change our hotel to another one because our hotel is oversold. 

Did I mention that my wedding is NEXT WEEKEND???

Did I also mention that this impacts over 50 rooms/105 guests??? 

If I could go back - I would say stay away... 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay away from DestinationWeddings.com.  My daughter got paired up with a travel coordinator from DW,com that was referred to us on this website.  After about 6 weeks of going back and forth with her, she told us that the resort (Karisma) was sold out for our dates.  We then contacted a GI Travel Agent and they were able to get 25 rooms for us the very next day.  We have still not seen our $50.00 deposit returned to us and I'm just happy that we are rid of DW.com but since they were not able to get rooms for us, they should at least refund our $50.00 don't you think?  If you are booking with a Karisma resort, definitely go with a GI Travel Agent.  I have one that I can highly recommend if you send me a PM as I don't want her to get too busy before the wedding in May.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT GO WITH DESTINATIONWEDDINGS.COM!!!

They have been nothing but a headache for me! So much so that I cancelled my wedding because of them, (7 months in advance) and I'm told I STILL have to pay $13,000 because of a stupid group agreement!

They don't help with any of the actual planning: and they're horrible travel agents! I had friends e-mail her over and over again and she wouldn't answer, then our friends decided they didn't want to go to our wedding because it was so much of a headache.

Plus, they told us we could have price matching, but now I find out only if the resort puts out discounts!

DO NOT USE THEM! THEY'RE SCAM ARTISTS!

Welcome! When I first got engaged, I contacted destinationweddings.com and I was not impressed. I used this forum to help me plan the wedding. Everything is working out so far.

I hope you find great ideas on here. All the brides are so helpful!

Good luck with planning.

hahahahaha. I sent out my wedding save the dates/invitations. The first page was basically a simple, classic wedding invitation. The second page was hotel information and my DW.com consultant information. People have called her to ask her questions/get more information. Listen to this....it gets hilarious! She emails me to ask me why all these guests are calling her for information??? She's like, can you please tell them to use the website?! I am like, ummmm my grandparents are really not technical, and they would prefer to do it over the phone, which you told us we could do. Other guests need more information that is not listed on our website. Could you please assist my guests in their planning as you are suppose to?! She writes back and tells me, oh...ok....thats fine I guess. Just asking! WTF!!!! Are you freaking serious!!!!

At one point in my planning, she stopped responding to me. My mom called her because I was so mad I couldn't even talk to her. She told my mom she stopped responding because she didn't understand what I wanted! I was like what the heck. She has my phone number, my address, and my email. If she doesn't know what I am trying to say via email, hey heres an idea, email me back OR do something unheard of, like pick up the phone and call me! stupid.gifmad.gif

I know....this is my third rant about them. But I thought it would get better. They promised it would get better! It hasn't and won't. I will be so HAPPY when she is out of my life!

I haven't had any MAJOR problems yet with them, but I really wish I had found this website sooner! I have seen so many brides get better deals from travel agents or special things added on, that destinationweddings.com doesn't seem to offer. Bummer!

And Tiffany....AGH!!! No fun! I really did have to laugh over your post though. What's funny about my planner is that apparently he really likes to talk on the phone- my MOH's husband spent an hour and a half on the phone and said he learned allll about my planner while getting info for the wedding. Not the worst thing ever, but seriously funny! Hope it gets better for you!!!

Tiffany,

I had a really bad planner initially and I contacted their manager before I would do anything with them because I was that unhappy with her.  She couldn't even answer the simple questions and lied to me about others.  So I ended up with a new one who is wonderful and has been recommended on here a few times.

And she is even more wonderful because I had asked to her to remove something from our site that to me sounded off and I didn't want my guests to get the wrong impression and she had it removed within 5 minutes.  Plus she's already had our contract revised because the rates dropped and I don't have to be aware of it first which is really nice to know she's making sure we get the best pricing and experience.

It was a bad experience at first, and sometimes this particular forum post makes me worry but I have to trust her because she hasn't done anything to let me doubt her yet.

Kimberli, thats all you can do at this point is laugh!!!! If I didn't I would be a complete wreck everyday worrying about this crazy woman! haha Your planner on the other hand sounds like he would get along great with my moms side of the family (They love to talk!) ROFL!

Merrylee, I had another AWEFUL planner when we first started. Believe it or not, she was worse than this one. But I called and spoke to the Manager and she switched it. She said she had faith in my current planner. She also told me that the way I was being treated was NOT how they do business, because I was also being lied to. (you should read my previous post about her). But when I changed, it got a little better. I do have to admit that, but definitely not 100% of what I would expect of DW.com. I am SO glad that you have someone good!

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree with you. I actually got referred this website by another Bride that got married in Cabo and she said they were fantastic. And the advertising on home page makes them look like a very reputable company. So far my DW TA has been great. I too have had some problems from 2 guest's saying they emailed her and never got a response. So I let her know that 2 of my guests said they tried emailing her and she was sooo apologetic and made sure to contact them right away. She also spent an hour on the phone with my Aunt who was concerned about bringing her little kids to Mexico right now. I mean I guess it just depends on who your TA is, I have a girl named Brittany and I love her. I think she is fabulous and I would recommend her to anyone because she has tried everything she can to get the prices down for me. 

I'm sorry to hear some of the other ladies have had bad experiences. I'm sure your weddings will turn out beautiful regardless :)

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 View Post

I haven't had any MAJOR problems yet with them, but I really wish I had found this website sooner! I have seen so many brides get better deals from travel agents or special things added on, that destinationweddings.com doesn't seem to offer. Bummer!

And Tiffany....AGH!!! No fun! I really did have to laugh over your post though. What's funny about my planner is that apparently he really likes to talk on the phone- my MOH's husband spent an hour and a half on the phone and said he learned allll about my planner while getting info for the wedding. Not the worst thing ever, but seriously funny! Hope it gets better for you!!!