Sandos Caracol Eco-Resort??!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 becky86

becky86
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

Hi!
    Upgrade, for us it was deffinitly worthwhile just because of what I wanted...It didn't make sense to chose a lower package and then pay for the certain upgrades, there were a few things that I didn't want/need in the package but Karina deducted them from the cost. Shes super easy to work with and basically can make anything happen!

We didn't pay extra for the cake decoration, if you wanted a certain look they definitly can do it but I'm not sure about a cost. I do know the night before our wedding, my sisters got all the women of our group together for dinner and a girls night, they had organized with Karina to have a little cake for me there and there was no cost for that, so they deffinitly go out of there way to make everything perfect.

The flowers were about $50.00 each for my bridesmaid's bouquets, mine was included in the package. However, we didn't use the grooms butionere (i have no idea how to spell it!) so that was deducted from the cost as well. I think its honesty personal prefrence, I loved our bouquets and would have loved to have been able to take them home with us, but as all fresh flowers do they died! However, I have no regrets, I loved the tropical look that they had!

I was only at the waterpark once, it was very cool, however deffinitly geared towards kids!!!!!

Hope that helps!

Becky
    Becky ~ April 8th 2010
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa
    Mexico

#12 Sherileigh

Sherileigh
    • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

I have a question as well. We're thinking about going with Sandos caracol as well, but I'm a little concerned as they seem to have some bad reviews out there. I'm curious about the rooms, were they nice and in good shape?

#13 becky86

becky86
      • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

No one in our group had any issues at all with the rooms, I've read some people complaining about them but we had 40 people come down and not one person complained, which is quite impressive!

Becky ~ April 8th 2010
        Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa
        Mexico

#14 lavenderlux

lavenderlux
        • 153 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

I attended a friend's wedding in Dec 2010 at Sandos and we had a fabulous time! I would go there again just for vacation! The wedding seemed to have gone flawless and everyone including the bride and groom were quite happy

#15 jmstev32

jmstev32
          • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

Did anyone use the "sandos" package.  We are thinking of it just because of price.  We will be having 25-60 people but I am concerned about having the dinner?  Will they accomodate that large of a group?  ANy information will help!

#16 amber001

amber001
            • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

any one have pictures of weddings at sandos caracol resort???

#17 kkeeve01

kkeeve01
              • 43 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hello Ladies! I'm 99% sure Sandos is my resort, for some reason I have a small hesitation as I have not seen any wedding pics. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see some pics of a wedding there.

- Dancing, I have a larger group coming down 30-50 and we like to party! Is there a place to do this that is semi private?

- Dinner- Does anyone know if its possible to have dinner on the beach or outside of the restaurants? 

- Since we like to have a good time and get our drink on, does anyone think the amount of kids there became an issue or annoyence?

-Hair- did anyone have there hair done at the salon?

I would love all feedback!

Oh and I'm looking at 2/23/13 - 3/1/13

#18 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                • Vendor
                • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hola Kkeeve01,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding : )

We are super excited to shoot our first Wedding at the Sandos Caracol in a week and look forward to posting some sneak peaks soon so you have something to see.

In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy these Sandos Playacar Moments from Bev + Jordan's Wedding. This couple brought their close friends and family from UK to enjoy the Mexican Caribbean! One thing we love about Sandos is their eco-friendly style, they really know how to embrace the natural surroundings!!

Hello Ladies! I'm 99% sure Sandos is my resort, for some reason I have a small hesitation as I have not seen any wedding pics. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see some pics of a wedding there.

- Dancing, I have a larger group coming down 30-50 and we like to party! Is there a place to do this that is semi private?

- Dinner- Does anyone know if its possible to have dinner on the beach or outside of the restaurants? 

- Since we like to have a good time and get our drink on, does anyone think the amount of kids there became an issue or annoyence?

-Hair- did anyone have there hair done at the salon?

I would love all feedback!

Oh and I'm looking at 2/23/13 - 3/1/13

#19 kkeeve01

kkeeve01
                  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

OOOO I look forward to seeing those pics next week!

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock 

Hola Kkeeve01,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding : )

We are super excited to shoot our first Wedding at the Sandos Caracol in a week and look forward to posting some sneak peaks soon so you have something to see.

In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy these Sandos Playacar Moments from Bev + Jordan's Wedding. This couple brought their close friends and family from UK to enjoy the Mexican Caribbean! One thing we love about Sandos is their eco-friendly style, they really know how to embrace the natural surroundings!!

Beverly+Jordan_W_0167.jpg

Beverly+Jordan_W_0171.jpg

Beverly+Jordan_W_0389.jpg

Beverly+Jordan_W_0322.jpg

You can also view the entire event here: Bev + Jordan

Happy Planning!!!

#20 kelkan

kelkan
                    • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

I am also looking forward to seeing those pics.  I am also planning a 2013 wedding and thinking of going to Sandos Caracol.  Just not liking all the negative reviews. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users