Paradise at Sandals Montego Bay

We went to Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica expecting a wonderful vacation. What we actually experienced cannot be adequately described in words. The eight days, 7 nights spent in the Ultra Deluxe Beachfront Suite at SMB was like a fairytale-the fulfillment of a lifetime of hopes and dreams. The resort itself is beautiful with an incredibly long stretch of beach with powder-soft white sand, clear turqouise water and gentle waves. There are seven restaurants to cater to your every craving from fine dining to beach casual-each with a staff that not only give you great service, but bend over backwards, with a smile, to make sure you are happy. Just one example of this extraordinary devotion to making sure your stay is Irie-Jamaican for "no worries"-was provided by Everetton and Robert at the Oleander, a fine dining restaurant. My husband had a stroke last year and the Jamaican heat took a bit more out of him than we expected. We arrived at the restaurant but my husband became ill due to the walk and the heat. Everetton, with true concern and with consideration I have never encountered in the states, offered to have our food sent to our room where we could enjoy it in the coolness of our room. We ended up needing to do that and cannot thank them enough.

The room itself was gorgeous. We were on the ground floor with our patio opening out to the beach less than 30 yards away. Pauline, the wonderful woman who was responsible for keeping our room clean and comfortable made us feel like we were her only responsibility. Being "newlyweds"-we renewed our wedding vows after 10 wonderful years-she worked around our schedule to make sure she wasn't disturbing us,always put a loving personal touch to the room We were treated like family/close friends by everyone.

Andrea Henry and Garth, our butlers, were, in a word, extraordinary. No request was too big or too small. All were handled respectfully and lovingly. From Georgina and Melissa at the Red Lane Spa who made me beautiful for our vow renewal and who also attended our ceremony, Frances, the nurse who took care of David after his collapse, Desmond and Karson, the bartenders at the pool bar, Roger/Roderick, our photographer, Jesette, one of the resort managers, Dewaynian who served us our private beach dinner, Vaneisha our wedding coordinator, to Joseph responsible for our reception and honeymoon breakfast in bed, Adrian, responsible for keeping our in-room bar stocked and who became a special friend, everyone already mentioned and all those we met but didn't get names, our time at Sandals would not have been the experience it was without these incredible people.

We were not able to do much off of the resort due to David's illness but have already decided that when we come back, we will be quite content to spend all of our time on the resort enjoying the peace of holding each other as the waves lift us gently and the breezes blow the worries of the "real" world away. There is much to do and experience but I am writing only of the things that moved us most.

Just a word-I had read reviews from other people who have visited SMB and were upset about the noise from aircraft. You only hear it a few times a day and it is such an inconsequential thing next to the beauty and joy we experienced. We went to Sandals expecting a vacation- we came away with friends and memories that have and always will move our hearts and make us yearn for the peace and quiet joy we found at that magic place. The resort is beautiful but it was the staff-such an inappropriate word in this case- that will always hold a special place in our hearts. We have found our heaven on earth and are counting the days until we can return. If any of you at Sandals Montego Bay are reading this, thank you so very much for sharing your hearts and home with us.

Shelley and David Shelley May 17 2010-May 24, 2010