Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What if you just password protect the forum pages? Then write on the website what the password is. The spammers are probably computer generated. So if you had the password written right next to the box to type it in, you should keep getting spam. I've been to websites like that wherer it says "type bride in this box to enter."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
Carly, I LOVE your site. I love the background. I wish weddingannouncer had one like that. It looks great.

I guess I can not have the weather either then, cause Cuba does not have a zip code smile43.gif
Well, it depends on how they set up the program, I think. Mine is based on the zip, but they are being very accommodating and researching other options (they say, anyway!) So I don't know what the trigger is on the website you use, but it may work...

Thanks for the compliments. I wasn't crazy about the background, I wanted something with our colors, but I created like 4 dummy sites to see what I liked best and this one won, so there it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
The only problem is I have long sent out the save the dates, so I am not able to give people the password now. I think even if I put it on my first page it would confuse people. I don't want to do that.
Didn't Shelley say something about putting the password on her homepagehuh.gif That would make it easy for peeps to stilll use the site and perhaps get rid of the headache you are getting...

Damn - sorry I obviously didn't read your whole response!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride View Post
Carly, I love your site, it is awesome!
Thanks! I think it works just fine and that's all that really matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
What if you just password protect the forum pages? Then write on the website what the password is. The spammers are probably computer generated. So if you had the password written right next to the box to type it in, you should keep getting spam. I've been to websites like that wherer it says "type bride in this box to enter."
What do you mean forum pages? There is only the RSVP and you need a code for that, and the guest book.

They are trying to spam pages that I deleted from my site. That is the part that gets me the most, they are not even active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I thought it was an active page on your website. I have a forum page where people can post stuff. I thought they were posting stuff all over a page like that. If it's not an active page, is it a problem? I don't think I understand what's happening. If it's not active, can't you password protect it. Then no one will need to password, but you'll stop the spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Oh, I thought it was an active page on your website. I have a forum page where people can post stuff. I thought they were posting stuff all over a page like that. If it's not an active page, is it a problem? I don't think I understand what's happening. If it's not active, can't you password protect it. Then no one will need to password, but you'll stop the spam.
The problem is that I have got about 150 emails since last night asking me to approve them.

I requested to stop getting the emails, but that does not help. No one can see the spam, but my inbox is being filled with the emails.

I tried to password protect the inactive pages, I will see if this works. I really hope it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I get the problem now...you can't stop the emails. What type of email do you use? If it's yahoo, you can create your own filter to send them off into a different folder. You can pick a keyword & if the email has that keyword in it, the email goes directly to that folder. Just make sure the keyword (or words) is specific enough to not filter email you want.

 

I hope password protecting it works. I'm going to protect mine now. Thanks for the warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
OK, I get the problem now...you can't stop the emails. What type of email do you use? If it's yahoo, you can create your own filter to send them off into a different folder. You can pick a keyword & if the email has that keyword in it, the email goes directly to that folder. Just make sure the keyword (or words) is specific enough to not filter email you want.

I hope password protecting it works. I'm going to protect mine now. Thanks for the warning.
I have hotmail and I was looking for something like this, to put them somewhere else, and I can't find it. I have not got an email now for almost 10 mins, so I am hoping the password thing worked.

They are spamming the sections that say For Bridesmaids and For Groomsmen. So, I would suggest you password protect those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride View Post
Ladies post your sites, I would love to see!!
Here's mine. http://http://gionneandmichael.weddingwindow.com/I used Wedding Window and paid for a year subscription. I like all of the options available and particularly chose it cuz it would allow me to link to Paypal so my guests can make payments on the site. (I'm still working out all the kinks with that part of it...) My site is a work in progress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics

×