Did you use an Ipod instead of a DJ? Please help : )

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Mrs.Morley

• 259 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

After going back and forth on the dj vs ipod we decided toward the dj and I dont think we could have made a better decision. We didn't get introduced but that wasn't what we wanted. Dinner started at 7:30 and didn't have the dj show up until 8:00. We were all for non-tradition so it worked out well for us. There were 2 guys and have a wide selection of music. They even had the music to a couple of mexican wedding traditions. I did bring a couple songs that I hadn't asked for and they gladly hooked up my mp3 player and played the songs. I would say go for the DJ it makes it worth it. I saw a couple weddings that didn't have a dj and they seemed kinda lifeless. Our dj was contracted by the resort and it was 160 an hour.

#32 hls140

• 102 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:15 PM

We just finished our playlist, complete with notes--if you think that would be helpful, let me know and I'll pass it on to you--email me at heathers7 at gmail.com

#33 hls140

• 102 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:22 AM

Also, something fun that we did--and I think our guests were excited about--was to take requests before hand and have everyone submit their favorite song. (We won't be able to take any requests there b/c we're going to clear everything else except the playlists off)

However....this led to some randoms on the playlist....like some country songs (we're not into it) and "Who Let The Dogs Out"--I've got four nephews and a mother : ) who love that song!! And then there's Islands in the Stream....you know, some real random ones, but I figure it will get at least those people up to dance--and who doesn't love to dance to who let the dogs out?

#34 Davematthews16

• Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have an IPOD and ITUNES but do you really have to pay .99 a song? Or can I post my playlist and see if anyone has the file for some of the songs already, or does it not work that way? Sorry I'm sort of I-POD clueless! Thanks

#35 DawnDean

• Site Supporter
          • 99 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

love it... just copied your list!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users