Photo

Need help with Wedding Jewelry ASAP!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

Hi ladies! I leave on Saturday and of course I've left my jewelry to the last minute!!! I am going to wear my Baba's pearls, but I don't know what kind of earrings to wear with them. The necklace is an ivory color (kind of vintage looking--they are old!), but I don't know if I can find earrings to match the color. Should I just wear diamonds or will that look strange? Will whiter pearls be too mismatched? I don't want anything too fancy, trying to stay simple and classy but I thought some sort of stud would look nice.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!!

*~*JENN*~*

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:38 AM

Do you need to wear earrings as well? If you want to keep it simple you could just wear the pearls and leave it at that. I didn't wear any jewelry at my wedding, other than my e-ring and wedding band of course!

If you're certain about wearing earrings as well, could you post a picture of your dress so we have a better idea of what might go with it?
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 Mandy Canada

Mandy Canada
      • 79 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jenninjamaica
        Hi ladies! I leave on Saturday and of course I've left my jewelry to the last minute!!! I am going to wear my Baba's pearls, but I don't know what kind of earrings to wear with them. The necklace is an ivory color (kind of vintage looking--they are old!), but I don't know if I can find earrings to match the color. Should I just wear diamonds or will that look strange? Will whiter pearls be too mismatched? I don't want anything too fancy, trying to stay simple and classy but I thought some sort of stud would look nice.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!!
        I think a silver earing would look nice, something dainty and simple, pearl earings might look to matchy matchy and dated.

#4 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
        • 455 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

I think if you have some type of crystal/sparkle in your dress you can wear the diamonds. Otherwise, I think you should try to match the color of the necklace.

#5 roo66

roo66
          • 1,001 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:42 AM

ummm can you find a pearl with a little sparkle to distract from the possible mis match on colour.Post a picture of the necklace it may help.Remember when you go shopping take the necklace and a picture of the dress.Get a shop assistant to help you . good luck xxx

#6 selassie11

selassie11
            • 206 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:24 AM

I don't think the pearls have to be an exact match. Try and find a pair of pearl earrings that have something else going on like a diamond-ish/pearl combo. I saw a cute pair at Express a few weeks ago - a pearl stud w/ a diamond-ish halo around them.

#7 Miss Lighting Bug

Miss Lighting Bug
              • 162 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

They have ivory pearls that would be a possible match at David's Bridal. If you want the real deal bring your necklace into a jewelry store. I am sure they have ivory pearls as well.
                KB

#8 wendyjd

wendyjd
                • 968 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

I think diamond studs would be fine with pearls. I wear my diamond earrings every day (almost). I feel like they match any and everything.

#9 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
                  • 547 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

Thanks everyone! I will take a few and decide that morning!
                    *~*JENN*~*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users