Photo

Dress Color .... White or Ivory for beach wedding??

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Miss Lighting Bug

Miss Lighting Bug
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

I think it's all about what makes you feel good. The beach is stunning and any bride on it will be, too, no matter what she is wearing.

My FI only had one request and that was I wear white (even though I look better in ivory--tanning here I come). So I am wearing white.
    KB

#22 Ashley*

Ashley*
    • 206 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

personal preference definately, I'm going with white, because I don't want to blend in with the sand. And, I think it will pop more against the sand. But I'm sure ivory looked good for everyone else...just my personal opinion. (and the picture in my head!)
      Dreams Los Cabos is where I'll be on four twenty-three, 2011.

#23 StephyD

StephyD
      • 342 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

I guess it's your own personal preference! For my part, when I tried on a white wedding dress, I didn't like it on me. I wanted ivory... but ended up with diamond white. It's not white, but not ivory either.

#24 WeddingTrendsUSA.com

WeddingTrendsUSA.com
        • Banned
        • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

My advice is get what LOOKS best on you! Everything looks great on the beach.

#25 hat0112

hat0112
          • 1,219 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

I went dress shopping wanting a white dress, but I ended up with ivory. Actually it is more off white than ivory (as I find out when I am getting accessories and they are darker than my dress!). The color I think looks great with my skin tone too.

I think you should go with an open mind and see what happens! You don’t want to limit yourself and say you don’t want one color or the other because you never know what you will fall in love with until you try it on.
            Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#26 teshy1

teshy1
            • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

I agree with the rest of the girls on choosing the colour that best compliments your skin tone. I went with ivory because I'm very fair-skinned and didn't want to looked washed out. True white is very bright. Diamond white is somewhere between white and ivory. Also, it may depend on the fabric of your dress. My dress was chiffon, and when I got my dress, it didn't look as "ivory" as I'd imagined, just slightly off-white.

#27 mjeeward

mjeeward
              • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

I have an ivory dress and my fiance and groomsmen are going to wear white shirts, sleeves rolled up, and khakis. I'm considering ivory/champagne or neutral colored dresses for my bridesmaids with yellow bouquet with peacock feathers. Has anyone considered a similar color combination (white/neutrals) for everyone? I want it to look natural and classy, but I don't know if we'll pull off the look. Does anyone of photos of the similar wedding color combo??

Thanks!

#28 Maritza919

Maritza919
                • 421 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

I agree! Go with what works best for your complexion. My dress is Ivory but my skin tone is olive. I thought white would be to bright on me. Hope that helps :)

#29 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking!

Originally Posted by Ashley* 

personal preference definately, I'm going with white, because I don't want to blend in with the sand. And, I think it will pop more against the sand. But I'm sure ivory looked good for everyone else...just my personal opinion. (and the picture in my head!)

#30 jamieirene

jamieirene
                    • 650 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

I'm doing a champaign color... little combo of both! : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users