Dress Color .... White or Ivory for beach wedding??

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 barbiegirl_27

• 946 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

My input is the same as everyone else! I didn't think about the setting at all, just what looked best on me, and that is Ivory......either is going to look great in the setting, just make sure its what looks best on you!

#12 selassie11

• 206 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

Definitely depends on your complexion. I am very dark skinned so the white POPS on me, but would likely wash someone fair skinned out. It also depends on the fabric and style of dress.

#13 sheila2011

• 105 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

I went with ivory. I am very fair skinned and the white completely washed me out and looked awful on me. So I had to go with ivory!
        Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#14 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

Try on all the different shades of dresses. It totally depends on complexion so you want to make sure you buy a dress that compliments your skin tone!

My dress was a light gold color. :)

I should probably put a wedding picture back in my siggy.
          Happily married since 2008

#15 christinkiel

• 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

Of course I feel that the best choice is whatever looks best on YOU since you're the bride, the main attraction of the wedding :) However, I did take into consideration that the light colored sand on the beach may look best with a white. I really don't think it matters either way, but if white looks good on you, it may 'pop' against the light sand a little better? Just a thought. I actually got a casablanca gown in 'diamond white' because I didn't care for how I looked in stark white or the darker ivory....

#16 Patourn

• 377 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

I ended up going with ivory but didn't really know it wasn't white until I asked!! When I tried on thw white it was far to bright for my complexion. But hnestly I don't think it makes a difference. Try a lot on and have fun. See what you like and you will know once you have found the one!

#17 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

I also ended up with an Ivory dress and I didn't know it wasn't white until I was told. Also, the sample dress was ivory and they didn't have it white so I was afraid of ordering the white and not liking it, so I went with what I fell in love with. I have olive skin and even though white tends to pop on me, the white dresses I did try on were too stark. so again go with what looks best on you.

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#18 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

It's completely preference and skin tone. I ended up with oyster, I was planning on white but my dress is so pretty is oyster and I love it.
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#19 mareW9

• 159 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

I agree with everyone else - I went by skin tone and ivory worked better for me. Pick the color you like best on! :)

#20 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

Definitely go by what looks best on your skin tone... on the beach, either color will look fabulous on you!!
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users