After the wedding.......

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lilicat

lilicat
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hi all
    My fiance and I are getting married in Puerto Vallarta next February but want to change destinations for the week long honeymoon. Somewhere easy to get to from Puerto Vallarta. We have been to Cabo and Mazatlan and don't really want to go to the Gulf......any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Lilicat

#2 krizstyling

krizstyling
    • 90 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

Do you mean change resorts or change actual cities? Nuevo Vallarta is about 45 minutes out from PV and the Grand Velas is phenomenal honeymoon spot.

#3 nmers

nmers
      • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

Since you're already in Puerto Vallarta, I would recommend Yelapa. It's accessible by taxi boat (45 minutes) for about $10 one way per person, or you can take a day cruise there for 5-6 hours and then stay a few days rather than returning back to Puerto Vallarta the same day (this day cruise costs about $40-50 per person, depending on who you buy tickets from). Yelapa is remote, beautiful and romantic, and fits all budgets with hostels and spa/resorts. Welcome to Yelapa, Jalisco, Mexico

#4 selassie11

selassie11
        • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

I second Yelapa!! Check it out

#5 amandalsu

amandalsu
          • 122 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

I love Yelapa but it is a bit rustic and remote for my preference. I love to take day trips there though.

We actually went up the coast to Bucerias for our honeymoon and it was great. It is about 30-45 minutes from PV (just past Nuevo Vallarta). It is a lot less commercial than Nuevo Vallarta. Most lodging is villas and condos. There are miles of beach (with a lot less rock), a great downtown, a flea market, and plenty of great food. We also took a day trip a little further up to Sayulita (out of the bay on the Pacific). This a great hippy surf town with a laid back vibe and great beaches as well. It has less beach front lodging though. It was a much younger crowd than in Bucerias or PV. I would choose to go to either again over PV and just take day trips into PV.

#6 lilicat

lilicat
            • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

Thanks Amanda, I've heard great things about Sayulita so that just maybe the ticket.

#7 amandalsu

amandalsu
              • 122 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

There is a great hotel right on the beach called Villa Amor or Casa Amor. It looked really nice (both the rooms and the grounds) but I think it is a little pricy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users