Photo

Manicure Guaranteed for 14 Days???

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

I just found an article on Yahoo about a new nail polish guaranteed not to chip or smudge for 14 days! It's called CND Shellac. I haven't researched it yet to see what the available colors are and what the other reviews say. Here is the link to the article:
    Would you believe?a manicure that really lasts 14 days? - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

In the article are links to the manufacturers website and salons that provide this treatment. Has anyone else heard of or tried this manicure treatment?

#2 Girasole

Girasole
    • 757 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

I didn't try this but I know with being in the salt water & chlorine water mine barely lasted a week. I ended up getting it re-done the morning of the wedding.
      Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#3 finleys7

finleys7
      • 703 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

There is also a service called OPI UV Gel Polish, I got it done and it last between 2-3 weeks and I ahve kept it up. My place changed $32...not bad considereing. I got the French manicure and it truly held up.

Opi Axxium Pretty Color-fulls Starter Kit Gel Polish | Compare Prices and Product Reviews on Become.com
        Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
        Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#4 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
        • 710 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

I did the OPI UV Gel polish and absolutely LOVE it!! 2 weeks and it looks freshly done. Especially since I love getting a french manicure but always hated the fact that it would be ruined in 2 days. What I like about it too is that my nails won't chip or break easily because the gel thickens them a bit, so they're not so frail. I totally recommend it!!

#5 hat0112

hat0112
          • 1,219 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

I haven’t heard of the CND Shellac, but I have tried the OPI Axxium manicure. The first time I got OPI done it lasted over 2 weeks, but the color was suppose to be a hot pink/red and it was a bubblegum pink on my nails (not too happy about that). The second time I got it done I was fixing up the house and cleaning and the manicure chipped and didn’t last 24 hours. I did get the French OPI manicure, so maybe that is why, but I was pretty upset it didn’t last. I know I was cleaning but if I can’t clean with the manicure lasting how will it last while I am in the ocean and in the pool?
            Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#6 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
            • 349 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

I got the OPI Axxium manicure a week before the wedding (should probably have left it to the last minute, but had too many things to do last minute), and one of the nail "color" had peeled off completely the day before the wedding, so I just touched up with similar colored polish that I had. As the days rolled by, more nail colors "loosened" so I had to peel them off, but at least they peeled off in one piece! I am sure it was the salt, sand, and chlorine water that majorly contributed to it. So in total, it didn't last even 2 weeks intact, but was very nice when it wasn't peeling...

Hat0112, I also thought that the color didn't match what it was supposed to be exactly either.

#7 hat0112

hat0112
              • 1,219 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sita&Nate
                I got the OPI Axxium manicure a week before the wedding (should probably have left it to the last minute, but had too many things to do last minute), and one of the nail "color" had peeled off completely the day before the wedding, so I just touched up with similar colored polish that I had. As the days rolled by, more nail colors "loosened" so I had to peel them off, but at least they peeled off in one piece! I am sure it was the salt, sand, and chlorine water that majorly contributed to it. So in total, it didn't last even 2 weeks intact, but was very nice when it wasn't peeling...

Hat0112, I also thought that the color didn't match what it was supposed to be exactly either.
                That's what mine did too. They all got loose around the edges in about a week or so, but the french tips chipped in 24hrs.
                Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#8 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
                • 349 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, I didn't like how messy looking my nails were after they peeled off (i.e. need to be buffed or something). Maybe its a combination of the product/chemicals/and poor application by the esthetician....

#9 finleys7

finleys7
                  • 703 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

That's so odd because mine lasted, I even kept it for 3 weeks (1 week afte we got back).

I guess it depends on the place and their experience with it. My place was $32 and my sister's was $20 and it peeled and chipped her nails and now they are weak.
                    Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
                    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#10 JaziandSwag

JaziandSwag
                    • 152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

Gel polishes will last you a good  8 days...up to 14 if you are really careful with your hands!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users