Mexico or Jamaica? Destination Wedding 3-11-11

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 DmitryYakunin

• 227 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

Congratulations and welcome! Please, describe what place you are dreaming of, what surroundings, what are your wishes. Then I guess I can give you some recommendations

#12 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I went with Mexico because it was more cost effective for our guests.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#13 kriztie707

• 196 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning! You will find lots of helpful information on here to help you decide on a location.

#14 Caprice35

• 188 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

I love the Iberostar

#15 Punta Cana Weddings

Punta Cana Weddings
          • Banned
          • 217 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by matzah1 

Hello, we're starting our research now. We know Jamaica is great as we've been there before. We also know Mexico is cheaper but also has more restrictions (bloodwork, days before, etc..). Can anyone recommend some great all-inclusives in Mexico and/or Jamaica? Earlier this year I was looking into Iberostar Suites and Gran Bahia Principe in Jamaica and a few in Mexico. What are your thoughts?

Also, price is a huge factor. We plan to have no more than 20 guests as well. Looking for a great wedding package.

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations & !!! You will love this site. Have fun planning your dream wedding!

My Punta Cana Weddings

www.mypuntacanaweddings.com                      info@mypuntacanaweddings.com

#16 Mahalo79

• 175 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

Just wanted to say we started off with Jamaica but went with Mexico as it's cheaper for our guests.  But do your homework and there are great resources on this site, maybe you can get a good deal!  Good luck!

#17 katierenae

• 117 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

I've been to both countries and loved them both!  Mexico offers more family friendly options where Jamaica offers more couples only...depends on what you're looking for.  Either choice will be fabulous!  Congrats and welcome to the forum :)

#18 gonzaloNunez

• Insiders
                • 222 posts
                  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi congrats for your wedding!

I am certainly not an expert on Jamaica, i have no doubt that is a great place. But I feel that Mexico as the great country that it is, could offer to you a more developed infrastructure. And certainly you can breathe in Cancun and the Riviera Maya first world air. So many people from around the world makes you feel as in home. If I had to take the desition definitely would do my wedding at the Riviera.

Posted Image

Gonzalo Nunez - WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER - www.gonzalonunez.com - Facebook Fanpage
                  Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico, rest of the world.

#19 sxcT

• 1,282 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

Went to Cancun last year and Montego Bay this year.  Went with Mexico for the wedding because it was a little cheaper and not so far for ppl to fly to.  Good Luck.

#20 Mrs. LowUFO

Mrs. LowUFO
                    • 110 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the board!

Originally we were thinking of Mexico because we have been there and really enjoyed it and you get some pretty decent pricing. However, when we started looking at all the requirements for getting married in Mexico it really put me off. Many brides chose to get married at home (to avoid all the legal issues) and then just have a symbolic ceremony in Mexico or wherever their destination may be. I really did not like this idea as I want to say "I do" only once so we chose Jamaica because it didn't require blood work or any translations.

There are lots of beautiful places in Jamaica and depending on what you are looking for I am sure you will find a place that suits your needs. We do not have any children coming and really love the beauty of Negril's beaches so we have booked at Couples Swept Away in Negril and I can't be happier with my choice.

Good luck and happy planning :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users