Newbie - Gran Porto Real Bride

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 kj1606

• 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

hi wendy! one thing i am very interested in finding out about the gran porto real is whether or not there is an option for us for a "rehearsal dinner" of sorts.  we have too many people (greater than 30) to do a semi-private dinner on the pool terrace or elsewhere, and we don't want to do a private event on the beach because that is what we are doing for our actual reception.  additionally, many of our guests are terrified of all of the negative media attention that mexico is getting and i am not sure they'd be comfortable leaving the resort to do a dinner in playa del carmen.

that is the only thing that i have not been able to figure out yet.  if you find anything out, i'd love to know all about it!

have a great trip and thanks for the offer!!

#62 eldiexs

• 154 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

Hi Megan and congrats for your day, please note that is getting darker at 500 pm so perfect time for ceremony and beautiful light is around 330, thats a light tip.

viva mexico!!

#63 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

• Insiders
      • 184 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

Hi KJ,

I would be happy to see what options there might be for you. I will post when I return next week, or if you would like you can also contact me at wendy@wrighttravelagency.com

TA Wendy

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
        AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
        Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#64 jennyfromvancouver

• 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

hi, Kj1606!

Where are you having your dinner reception? We are having it on north beach and the wedding coordinator told me that the latest they could have the party was until 10:30pm =(  I wonder if it's later for you because you're reception will be inside??

#65 MrsJones2Be

• 311 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:46 AM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Welcome to the Forum!

MRS JONES 2 BE!

#66 kj1606

• 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

Jenny:  We are also having ours on the north beach... originally the coordinator told me that the latest they could do it was 10 pm, but I had heard 11 so I pushed back and asked her to double check on that as I had read 11 online.  She came back and said 11 was ok.  So we are definitely pushing a tight time schedule, as we are having our wedding from 5:30-6:00, cocktail hour from 6:00-7:00, then the dinner reception 7:00-11:00 pm.   The sun typically sets (on our wedding day) at a little after 7, and we really wanted to take our pictures as it was setting (i.e. 6:00ish).  We also didn't want anyone to be too hot during cocktail hour!

That is probably way too much detail for the question that you actually asked :)

#67 GC2008

• 183 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

welcome megan!  im getting married at the sister hotel - the royal!  congrats!

#68 corbeil

• 190 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

#69 kashad

• 168 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!

#70 helen9

• 156 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

Look forward to sharing stories and ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users