NYJen

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding View Post
Thanks Ladies - when I chat with Juan later today (sorry Tammy, I'll make it quick) I'll ask him what he thinks. My guess is somewhere in the 6 to 7 hour range. And then maybe skip the Welcome Dinner and just do the TTD session after (or maybe skip that one as well.) Honestly I can't see Brendan and I doing the TTD. We're soooo not a lovey dovey couple. There's no way we could pull off the pics like Nurse Sarah had.

I think Juan has a 5 hour minimum these days anyway.

Thanks for your help.
My FH and I are not lovey dovey at all either, and we are going to do the TTD session. We are thinking we can make it more fun than lovey. Does that make sense. I was surprise FH even agreed to do it cause he hates getting his pictures taken, but he said yes, so I am all over it. :)

No advice on the time with Juan, my photographer is coming with us for the week, so she is just charing a flat rate for the whole date from getting ready to good night and then a TTD the day after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Jen, did you decide to get married in Cabo versus NY?
Yes, it looks that way, we just haven't signed our contract yet. Not because we don't want to. We've just been having soooo many issues with Emeline at the Hilton but it looks like they're finally resolved. We're now going back and forth with her on some changes that need to be made in the contract. That Emeline is a sneaky one. But I'm VERY anal about anything I sign. I read every single line and I gave her all the changes to make. Hopefully she'll get it right this time. If all goes well, we'll be signing the contract today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
My FH and I are not lovey dovey at all either, and we are going to do the TTD session. We are thinking we can make it more fun than lovey. Does that make sense. I was surprise FH even agreed to do it cause he hates getting his pictures taken, but he said yes, so I am all over it. :)

No advice on the time with Juan, my photographer is coming with us for the week, so she is just charing a flat rate for the whole date from getting ready to good night and then a TTD the day after.
Yes, it does make sense. That's what we're thining too.

Last night Brendan says to me, "But I don't like wet clothes." I told him, "You don't have to wear them for the rest of your life, just for an hour or so. I think you can handle it." He's so ridiculous sometimes.

Well let me know what he says because I can send you info on other photographers that have unlimited time for destination weddings if you are still wanting to shop around. I had my wedding in my home town and my photographer did unlimited time the night before and day of and I was so thankful for that because time flies when you are doing all your wedding stuff

Jen I hired Juan for 10 hours. I felt it would give me enough time to get pics of everything I wanted. Since you plan on having a lot of guests and have a lot of things planned I would go for the 10 hours. Figure you want him to take pics of your FI getting ready. Then pics of you getting ready. Then pics at the cocktail hour, then the ceremony, then pics of you guys with your family and specific guests, then the reception, etc. If you end up not needing him for all 10 hours you can do 8 for your wedding and then 2 for your TTD the next day. I think that's what I would do. And then I would just do candid photos from a digital camera for the WD.

I did not use Juan, but just for comparison's sake we had

guys golfing - approx 1-1.5 hrs coverage

rehearsal dinner (on the boat) approx 2.5 hrs coverage

wedding day - appox 7 hrs coverage.

this was definitely adequate for what we wanted. we have more photos than we know what to do with! however, if we had an unlimited budget, i would have loved to include our welcome dinner, and people hanging by the pool. we decided the week before the wedding to forego the TTD (we were going to do more of a "we did" jessica claire style shoot) and shoot the guys golfing. This was a great decision for us because we had so many shots from the wedding I'm not quite sure what we would have done with more. Also, I got pretty wet after the wedding running in the surf.

anyhow HTH! good luck.

Edited to add - this was with 2 photographers at all of the events. If Juan doesn't have a second shooter, obviously that is going to weigh in on your decision

Thanks Ladies!!! Really, your suggestions are so helpful.

I just got off the phone with Juan. (Made it really quick so he could get back to Tammy's pictures. I don't need her flying to NY to kick my butt.)

As of now we are set with 6 hours on the wedding day and 2 hours for the TTD session (2 days after the wedding.) He's going to send me the pricing info for all of that. I have a feeling I'm going to end up increasing the wedding day time. Only because (like most of you said) you want to make sure he captures everything. This is a once in a lifetime event for us and we want to get as many professional pics as we can. Plus, I would love to get some great pics at the bonefire too. I know he has a special deal for a 10 hour day wedding day plus 3.5 hours to use another time. Maybe I'll do that and have 10 hours for the wedding, plus 2 hours for the TTD, and then 1.5 hours for the WD. That would cover everything!!! Is that ridiculoushuh.gif

• VIP Member

"I just got off the phone with Juan. (Made it really quick so he could get back to Tammy's pictures. I don't need her flying to NY to kick my butt.)"

That's really why I'm flying out to New York. Tammy called me up and asked me to take care of some "business" for her :)