Dreams Cabo Wedding Review - May 2010

Great review! Thanks for all the wonderful tips.

Quick question in regards to the dancing/dj etc. Where did the dj set up for the dancing? I see you didn't pay the extra to get a dance floor - if it is cement etc then why would anyone pay extra for the dancefloor?

Did you have your lanterns set up in the dancing area or everywhere? (sorry my comp wont open your photo file to check this out).

Thanks again!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mllek1986.  The dj set up off to the sides of our tables and then the dance floor was between our tables and the pool.  However, when you arrive and meet with your wedding coordinator, they will tell you the best place to set up the dj and dance floor.  They do these weddings every day and have seen every type of table set up so I've found it's best to trust them in regards to placement. 

As for the dance floor, I think that people who have a beach reception are the ones who rent them.  They want a stable surface to dance on instead of sand.

The lanterns are strung between the trees so you don't really have much control over placement.  Again, I just left this to my wc and it was perfect.  They covered my tables and dance area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is my first post, but I am hoping that someone will have a recommendation. I am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos November 2011. Unfortunately Yarai who was my wedding planner quit working at Dreams as of September 1st. I am now scrambling to get my new wedding planner caught up and I fear that she has no idea what I am asking for in my e-mails. I just sent her an e-mail with 5 questions and she sent me a reply that said, “thank you very much for the informaitonâ€. She did not answer one of my questions. HELP has anyone worked with Guillermo at Dreams Los Cabos???

I have never worked with Guillermo, but I am also getting married @ Dreams and have been having issues with my coordinator as well! I  caught a little attitude today with her because I have been waiting on a reply to an email sent over 2 weeks ago and my wedding is in 17 days!! She got a liitle nasty right back, but at least I got her attention and my questions answered. My WC is Magda, but she did mention that there had been lots of changes in their department...whatever that means.

I would just send him another email. Its really all you can do :(

But I just wanted to tell you that I can relate to your frustration!!! Guess we just have to trust that everything will be O.K.

Originally Posted by DreamsCaboBride View Post

This is my first post, but I am hoping that someone will have a recommendation. I am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos November 2011. Unfortunately Yarai who was my wedding planner quit working at Dreams as of September 1st. I am now scrambling to get my new wedding planner caught up and I fear that she has no idea what I am asking for in my e-mails. I just sent her an e-mail with 5 questions and she sent me a reply that said, “thank you very much for the informaitonâ€. She did not answer one of my questions. HELP has anyone worked with Guillermo at Dreams Los Cabos???

Thank you SO much for replying to my post! It actually helps to know that someone else is going through the same thing. I would love to hear how everything goes for you at Dreams and if you have any suggestions once you return. I do have the e-mail address to the Resort Manager, so if things get to the point that you need to contact someone else at the resort you can. I will personal message you and send you the e-mail address. Thanks again!

I have Guillermo as my WC and I am having the SAME issues. And this the 3rd WC we have had. They keep leaving. So I emailed him 3 different times with the same questions and each time, he did not answer my questions and said thank you very much for the information or would answer one question and completely disregard the other questions. The last email I got he sent me a timeline and budget for someone else's wedding. I emailed him back and have not heard back from him, that was over a week ago. I am getting married oct 7 and feel I have a lot of unanswered questions and concerns. My fiancé called the US customer service line and took down our complaint but they have done nothing. Can you send me the resort managers email address? Have you emailed them about your concerns?? What happened? I keep hoping and praying it will all come together and be beautiful but I am still so worried. :(