what should my mom wear?

Both mom's were told they could wear whatever they wanted. Our colours are pink and brown, and my mom is wearing a black eyelet dress and my FMIL is wearing a navy blue dress. So, they are not matching at all. I told them they could match if they wanted to, they chose dresses they loved instead of matching ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding View Post
Whatever you do, make sure YOUR mom gets her dress first. MOB is more important than MOG. Brad's mother needs to wait until your mom knows what color she is getting and then she can get something different. It doesn't work the other way.
Okay so his mom and my mom shouldn't wear the same color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle08 View Post
Okay so his mom and my mom shouldn't wear the same color?
It's completely up to you. If you don't mind them wearing the same color, then that's fine. I just meant, don't let Brad's mother get her dress first and then your mom has to find something to go with it. It should be the other way around. Your mom should pick whatever she wants first and then Brad's mom can find something that works with it.

Fortunately with a DW, anything goes! I had to be a bridezilla and mandate that my entire group wear white and khaki (which thankfully, my group didn't seem to mind, but looking back I think it's kinda a tacky and control-freak request!). My mom has no sense of style (love her, but it's the truth) so I helped her pick out her dress. I literally went out and bought 10 dresses, had her try them on, let her keep 3 of them, and returned the rest. The one she wore for the wedding was ivory and very flattering, lightweight, and sparkly. MIL found her own dress- it was white and gorgeous. I really didn't stress about what they wore, I just told them to dress in LIGHT colors because it's so HOT!

I told my Mom to wear whatever she wants. She's going to try to complement the bridal party, but they are all wearing champagne and khaki/tan colors, so she is pretty free to wear whatever she wants. She will likely go with a pantsuit that has a breezy, light jacket.

If you had my mother.. you wouldn't have to worry about picking out the color.. she would do it on her own. I think it would be nice to have your mother wear something in your wedding colors. She doesn't have to be filled from head to toe, but it might help distinguish her from the other guests. My mother in law is waiting to see what my mom wears so they can kind of look the same (how cute). I haven't addressed the "mom wear" yet, but I think I the dads are going to have the same linen pants, and similar shirts. I would like them to stand out a bit from the rest of the crowd.

My mom has been freaking out about this since I announced the wedding. I swear I think I said, "Mom I'm getting married." And she said, "OMG, what will I wear?"

Besides my mom's craziness, I think the mom's should not clash. That's the only direction I gave. My mom is insistant on matching my colors...that's her perogative, but I just want a big group picture to look cohesive.

I had a family photo once at a wedding when everyone in the family was suppose to wear red and black. All 36 people followed directions except one of my cousins who wore a bright orange turtleneck sweater. She was such an eye sore in the picture. Trust me, you don't want this with your mothers!