what should my mom wear?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

So my sister asked me what my mom should wear to our wedding... I am not so much into tradition as I am to what looks good.

Should her attire match the wedding colors?

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

i'm probably not much help b/c all 3 of my BMs and both moms are wearing white...so mine will be dressed in the same color as the wedding party...

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

i had never thought about mom's matching. mine just wore white linen-like pants, and a fushcia colored shirt. then again, i didn't really have any theme, or any BMs for that matter!

#4 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

I have seen it go both ways. One where the MOB basically wears a modified Bridesmaids dress and one where she wears something totally different.
          My mom has been given total freedom with the exception of wearing white. If your mother is the type to try and show-off I would go shopping with her so you can keep her dress style under control. Leopard print never works at weddings.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

I can only think of one wedding I've been to where the mom wore the wedding colors. A lot of the family wore the wedding color. It much have been planned.

#6 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Stephanie 525
              I have seen it go both ways. One where the MOB basically wears a modified Bridesmaids dress and one where she wears something totally different.
              My mom has been given total freedom with the exception of wearing white. If your mother is the type to try and show-off I would go shopping with her so you can keep her dress style under control. Leopard print never works at weddings.
              That's funny!...NO, my mom is not one to show off...however, Brad's mom is!!!! So someone better keep her under control!!

#7 mkdela

mkdela
              • 82 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

My mom decided to wear something that will look good with the wedding color in photos and not clash, but isn't wearing the exact color. The wedding color is a light turquoise, and she is wearing a powder blue.
                KATHLEEN & COURTNEY 3/1/08

#8 Karen

Karen
                • 1,308 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

I think it all depends on the feel and setting of the wedding (formal or informal). Personally I think as long as your mom' s attire makes her feel comfortable, beautiful, and compliments your wedding style then she's good.
                  <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#9 NYJen

NYJen
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

Whatever you do, make sure YOUR mom gets her dress first. MOB is more important than MOG. Brad's mother needs to wait until your mom knows what color she is getting and then she can get something different. It doesn't work the other way.

#10 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,680 posts
                    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                    • LocationUtah

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

I don't know if your wedding is really forma or not.

Ours is pretty casual and we've been telling everyone to dress comfortable. Khaki shorts, sun dresses etc. My mom bought a BCBG dress which I helped pick out. It looks really nice but not too formal on her. And it's black and tan (copper is my color)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users