Atabeyra or Sail Provo...T&C ladies!

JanineA

I'm glad I found this thread! So far I have been in contact with Sail Beluga (only accomodates up to 6 so that was out), Big Blue (which sounds great but is more expensive than others and also seems a little more "commercial" maybe?) and then lastly Sail Provo. I had tried finding info on Trip Advisor about Sail Provo and wasn't able to find very much, which I wasn't sure should worry me or not. But I know Krys has mentioned great things about Sail provo as well, so I was planning on trusting Krys, crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, lol. But it's nice to know that Atabeyra is another option as well.

We gave our parents a private charter as an xmas gift so I know I definitely need to book something. I'm going to try and reach out to Atabeyra to get some more info and then make a decision betwen them and Sail Provo.

Does anyone know if suncharters.tc is the right website for Atabeyra? This is the only one I can find when using google?? I'm just looking for some pics and pricing.....

With all the great things Krys has had to say about Sail Provo, I don't know why there are hardly any reviews on Trip Advisor and the reviews that are posted aren't that great? If you go by what Trip Advisor says then Atabeyra wins hands down.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147399-d1404058-r94385184-Sun_Charters-Providenciales_Turks_and_Caicos.html#REVIEWS

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147399-d1541589-r87278132-Sail_Provo-Providenciales_Turks_and_Caicos.html#REVIEWS

Suncharters.tc is the right address for Atabeyra.  I can personally say they do great trips b/c that's the boat we go on when we go out on a big sailboat.  My experience with Sail Provo is from brides we have had who have used them.  I have not heard one complaint from those that have used them.  My personal opinion is go with Atabeyra, b/c I love that boat, it's really unique and beautiful and unlike anything in the Caribbean!  They owners run the boat themselves.

Our island is REALLY small, we don't have a ton of tourists compared to the other Caribbean destinations and can't support lots of boat vendors.  Sail Provo has been around for quite a long time so they must be doing something right.  The hotels and locals are pretty quick to not recommend if the experience is not good as they don't want unhappy guests.

Big Blue is a great operation, but I have never thought of them for a sailing charter.  I didn't know they did them.  I highly recommend them for diving, kayaking and paddle boarding trips.  Their eco tours are also spectacular.  (I have been on 4 kayak tours with my kids, have friends who have done paddle boarding, and I have dove with them and actually worked with their dive staff/owners when we did a lot of underwater photography and video.)

Hope that helps.

Krys

We are actually booked on the Atabeyra for a snorkeling excusion for all of our weddings guests in March.  I'm getting worried though because we have more "yes" responses than originally anticipated.  We are told the boat can hold up to 65, but it's looking like we will have closer to 70, maybe even a bit more!  Diane, my wedding coordinator, said it should be OK but I'm still worried that our guests will be uncomfortable.  Does anyone know what he does if we go over the max capacity?  it says that on their website that they would arrange for another vessel to come if this happens.  Just wondering if it's going to be crowded and if it's a better idea to arrange for two boats regardless.  I'm thinking maybe I hsould contact him directly.  All of my responses are due this Saturday so we'll have a very accurate # by then I should hope.

Thanks Krys, I actually did contact David - we have 72 people and he told us that his boat fits 50 comfortably.  Since we are doing a 5 hour tour, we want everyone to be comfortable and not jammed in.  It stinks that we'll have to spilt up, but I'm glad we could still be accomodated somehow.  He asked around and found another new boat operator (Island Vibes) to sail with us.   It's not a sail boat, and it's more expensive than what David was charging us, but we are thankful that David found it for us!  We will have 50 on the sail boat, and 22 on the other boat.  We are very much looking forward to our excursion!