Where to buy liquor?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

Since we'll be staying at the Westin which is Non-AI, I figured we could save some mula by going and buying our own snacks and liquor. I know there is a place similar to 7-11 (oxox?) right across the street but I'm not sure if they will sell liquor, like tequila or vodka... Does anyone know if the Walmart there sells liquor? Or any other suggestions would be appreciated! The Westin is in the Marina area...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

check out the tripadvisor.com travel forum - there's a PV expert in there who can answer questions like this if we can't...

however, i read the answer to this one and yes, walmart does carry liquor...and takes credit cards :)

#3 MERRYME

MERRYME
      • 324 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

Try looking for an ISSTE store. It is a government subsidized store and probably the cheapest place to get liquor.

They will have limited choices but they do have great chilean wines, Mexican wines, good tequilas,etc. I know the place in Cabo has Absolut, Chivas, etc..
        Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
        22nd of December 2006

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ;122214
          check out the tripadvisor.com travel forum - there's a PV expert in there who can answer questions like this if we can't...

however, i read the answer to this one and yes, walmart does carry liquor...and takes credit cards :)
          Double yay! Do you happen to know where the Walmart is located?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MERRYME
          Try looking for an ISSTE store. It is a government subsidized store and probably the cheapest place to get liquor.

They will have limited choices but they do have great chilean wines, Mexican wines, good tequilas,etc. I know the place in Cabo has Absolut, Chivas, etc..
          Ooooh cool. We love good wine and tequila!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
            Double yay! Do you happen to know where the Walmart is located?
            nope but here's the link to the forum: the expert's name is bzy1

#6 MERRYME

MERRYME
            • 324 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

this should help

http://www.puertoval....-groceries.php

Ley, Gigante, Soriana are all great grovery stores that will also have great deals on liquor.
              Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
              22nd of December 2006

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by naughie
                nope
                this should help

Puerto Vallarta Supermarkets Mexico

Ley, Gigante, Soriana are all great grovery stores that will also have great deals on liquor.
                Great, thanks ladies - you've been very helpful! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:12 AM

There's a Walmart and I think a Sam's Club (?) right by the airport which is right by the Westin..5 minutes tops. There are tons of little places that sell liqour cheap (and some farmacias too) if you walk the back streets downtown - paseo dias ordaz, juarez, matamoros.

Even easier, check out El Coyal - it's like a BevMo - and they'll deliver free if you spend $100, otherwise it's very centrally located. Ask a cabbie to take you to:

Rio Danubio No. 147
                  Col. Lopez Mateos
                  Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico 48340
                  Licoreria El Coyul

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:32 AM

Jamy, you totally impressed me with that. I was checking out their VERY nice selection online. I think I will have the cabby take us there.

Ok, this might be a dumb question but I live in Dallas where everyone is too busy driving their Hummers and Mercedes to even think taking a cab... If we had a cab take us there would we just have him wait for us outside for the return trip or let him go and try to get another cab once we're done...?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:36 AM

hahaha..here too! You can just have them drop you off. Cabs are so abundant in PV you will have no problem catching another one as soon as you hit the sidewalk, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users