Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 katelynn

katelynn
  • Jr. Member
  • 414 posts

    Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by missy&eric2011
    Hey Tris & Kate,
    We aren't getting married until the 7th but we are planning on flying down on the 4th! I am going to have to find you both and see if you have any last minute tips to offer!!
    I know I will also be looking for both of you - what a small world! We will all deffinately have to have a wedding drink together and discuss details

    I emailed Beverly today about the gazebo as we are doing it even though my mom thinks its a waste of money, however I know we cant afford the $15pp for a bartender...heck this should be free in my opinion!

    White chair covers are free - however I am going to buy aqua organza sashes to wrap around them and the poles that are leading to the gazebo. I dont know if it needs anymore decoration than that I have seen people put those coloured paper lanters up so I might still consider that, however I dont know if its needed as the scenery is enough in itself!

    I want to do something else with my guests and was thinking of doing a bonfire the night before the reception...I dont think it was that much money so it might be something to look into!

    We are meeting with a photographer in 2 weeks as I agree with others that its really important. My FI's best man does it professionally but we dont want to ask him and take away from his "duties" as he calls it, lol...even though he says he doesnt mind.

    I shopped around here for real touch flowers to bring down for the girls and it looks like it will be the same $$ to get them fresh down there so thats an added cost.

    The website they deal with is Tai Flora - I found it helpful to look through and I love the music on the site...haha!
    Tai Flora Services Ltd. - Jamaica's Full Service Florists
    Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

    #32 katelynn

    katelynn
    • Jr. Member
    • 414 posts

      Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

      ohhh another quesiton...

      Our flight to JA leaves at 6:25am from Toronto...we are wondering if we should get a hotel that offers park and fly and shuttles us or to rent a coach bus to pick everyone up that morning and take them to the airport....Im guessing we will have to be there just after 4am!!

      My mom thinks that we should pay for a coach as she thinks this is the better option, and doesnt want people to pay over the amount of their trip....as shes worried we will look cheap. I agree that it would be nice for everyone to be together, but I feel as though we have bigger worries, further its a lot of added $$ for us to pay especially when we are putting our about $1000 out for OOT bags.

      Thoughts What are you all doing?
      Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

      #33 akua420

      akua420
      • Jr. Member
      • 301 posts

        Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

        We're not going to do a shuttle because we have everyone leaving out of different airports and getting in differetn days. So we're just going to take the free shuttle to the airport.
        Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

        #34 mekanabr

        mekanabr
        • Member
        • 537 posts

          Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

          Hi Ladies! Its so fun reading everyone's ideas and comments, it makes me soo excited for our wedding!!!!

          I'm almost positive chair covers are included in the price, but if you want colored sashes, I'm not sure if they are. Something makes me think that I read they were included but I'm not totally positive on that, besides you can get them really cheap (or make your own) and have them in the color you prefer...I wouldn't stress too much about it! (noone will remember them anyways lol)

          @katelynn: Beverly told me they aren't allowed to do bonfires on the beach unfortunately. We want to do something else for our guests too so instead of the typical 'rehearsal dinner' we are going to do sort of a welcome get together a day or two (depending when ppl are arriving) before the wedding. It's either going to be a snorkeling trip or a sunset catamaran cruise. It's something that we are budgeting for and I think we owe our guests something off the resort for speding the money to come to our wedding.

          Holy moly- $1000 for OT bags? What all did you include? WOW, your guests are very lucky!!! Are you using Vistaprint? You can get lots of free stuff custom printed on there that might save you some money!

          I would love to see pics of everyone's wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses!!!! I love seeing them!! Plus I can't look at the wedding dress thread on here anymore bc I waste entirely toooo much time looking at them, so a few won't be too bad!! lol!

          ok off to get some stuff done. Have a great night everyone!!!

          #35 missy&eric2011

          missy&eric2011
          • Jr. Member
          • 267 posts

            Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mekanabr
            Hi Ladies! Its so fun reading everyone's ideas and comments, it makes me soo excited for our wedding!!!!

            I'm almost positive chair covers are included in the price, but if you want colored sashes, I'm not sure if they are. Something makes me think that I read they were included but I'm not totally positive on that, besides you can get them really cheap (or make your own) and have them in the color you prefer...I wouldn't stress too much about it! (noone will remember them anyways lol)

            @katelynn: Beverly told me they aren't allowed to do bonfires on the beach unfortunately. We want to do something else for our guests too so instead of the typical 'rehearsal dinner' we are going to do sort of a welcome get together a day or two (depending when ppl are arriving) before the wedding. It's either going to be a snorkeling trip or a sunset catamaran cruise. It's something that we are budgeting for and I think we owe our guests something off the resort for speding the money to come to our wedding.

            Holy moly- $1000 for OT bags? What all did you include? WOW, your guests are very lucky!!! Are you using Vistaprint? You can get lots of free stuff custom printed on there that might save you some money!

            I would love to see pics of everyone's wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses!!!! I love seeing them!! Plus I can't look at the wedding dress thread on here anymore bc I waste entirely toooo much time looking at them, so a few won't be too bad!! lol!

            ok off to get some stuff done. Have a great night everyone!!!

            Hello Ladies,
            I have some clarification from Beverly on a couple of questions we all had.
            The chair covers are included up to the number of people allotted for your wedding package; after that, they charge their fee per chair. Sashes however are not included.
            If you choose to do the gazebo option and bar service, it is $15USD per person OVER the age of 13. We have a lot of non-drinkers going and I was wondering if we would still have to pay the fee for them, Beverly said there are non-alcoholic beverages in the bar service; I should have figured that being that it is an all-inclusive resort anyway, it's not like we are paying for the alcohol - more the service of the bartender!
            Lastly, I had read somewhere that someone had mentioned that they substituted the costs from not using a photographer and absorbed the cost elsewhere...she did not seem too open to doing this for us. We are bringing photographers so I asked if we could apply the package costs elsewhere ie: a discount off of the steel drum band, and she said that the most they could do was a bouquet or a centerpiece!? So that shoots that idea for us...thought we would maybe get lucky...anyone having other results?

            And OMG...I am curious as to what you are putting in your OOT bags too!! Are you giving them before hand?
            For the ladies having bridesmaid/groomsmen, are you giving them OOT bags too? We are already giving our wedding party gifts...so I am torn to whether to give them the bags too!?!?

            #36 tris

            tris
            • Member
            • 609 posts

              Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by missy&eric2011
              Hello Ladies,
              I have some clarification from Beverly on a couple of questions we all had.
              The chair covers are included up to the number of people allotted for your wedding package; after that, they charge their fee per chair. Sashes however are not included.
              If you choose to do the gazebo option and bar service, it is $15USD per person OVER the age of 13. We have a lot of non-drinkers going and I was wondering if we would still have to pay the fee for them, Beverly said there are non-alcoholic beverages in the bar service; I should have figured that being that it is an all-inclusive resort anyway, it's not like we are paying for the alcohol - more the service of the bartender!
              Lastly, I had read somewhere that someone had mentioned that they substituted the costs from not using a photographer and absorbed the cost elsewhere...she did not seem too open to doing this for us. We are bringing photographers so I asked if we could apply the package costs elsewhere ie: a discount off of the steel drum band, and she said that the most they could do was a bouquet or a centerpiece!? So that shoots that idea for us...thought we would maybe get lucky...anyone having other results?

              And OMG...I am curious as to what you are putting in your OOT bags too!! Are you giving them before hand?
              For the ladies having bridesmaid/groomsmen, are you giving them OOT bags too? We are already giving our wedding party gifts...so I am torn to whether to give them the bags too!?!?
              Thanks for keeping everyone up to date! I'll be sure to post what I hear from Beverly as well. At first it took WEEKS for her to get back to me, but since then she's been great... up until last time. Now it's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard from her.

              Even if they take care of a bouquet or centerpiece, at least it's something, eh? We are hiring our own photographer from Sungold, so hopefully she'll give us the same response.

              About OOT bags. We've looked into them, but right now I'm thinking we probably won't even do them. I mean, I want to do personalized cups, and leave a special note/letter for each person, but I think that's where I'll leave it. I just feel $1000 out of my budget could be spent on better things than giving people what they'll already bring (ie. sunscreen, tylenol, etc.). I want to do favours at the wedding though. Maybe I'll change my mind about OOT bags, we'll see.
              Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

              #37 katelynn

              katelynn
              • Jr. Member
              • 414 posts

                Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

                So....I have priced it out and I think we are going a limo bus to the airport..its like $1100 for 32 people which is way cheaper than red car or hotels. We plan to give out the bags on the bus...even though now I am re-thinking that as people might want to put stuff in their luggage, thought? Someone else said to do it 2 weeks before when you get the tickets.

                OOT bags...they are still a work in progress
                Towels, personalized mug from 4imprint.ca, aloe, lip balm, playing cards, bookmark (DIY), welcome booklet/letter, first aid kit...I know there is more but cant think of them off the top of my head!

                For the bridal party Im getting them necklace and earings set, an orange hair pin, flip flops and tank top with rhinestone BM or MOH on them...as for the men - thats not my problem..haha!



                Also I found this which I think I am going to do if there is something important that day and slip it under our guests doors the night before
                http://images.martha....orningnews.pdf

                I have LOTS of templates so if any of you want them pm or email me since they are all Jamaica.

                The BM dresses are from Venus bridal and they are very inexpensive and nice. We are doing the colour of the one shown but the girls get to pick their own style of dress
                Venus Bridals

                I think I am going to get these sashes...this is the closest I have seen to our colour
                9x108 Crystal Organza Sash-Jade50726(10pcs/pk)



                I might also have to look into the catamaran...that would be pretty cool the night before the wedding, do you know where we find info about that?

                I also emailed Beverly and we also booked the Gazebo the night of the wedding for dancing - do we bring our own music (Ipod) or do I trust their DJ??

                Well...back to homework - no more procrastination!
                Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

                #38 akua420

                akua420
                • Jr. Member
                • 301 posts

                  Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

                  katelynn - I love the newspaper thing! SO cute! I am totally going to copy it. What other templates do you have?

                  I wanted to get mugs from 4imprint.ca but we're only having like 15 people TOPS, so there aren't quanities that big. So what I might do it make a stencil and get the paint you can put on dishes, and personalize the mugs that way and see if I can find some on sale here. but we will see about that.

                  What songs are you going to use?

                  Love the dresses and sashes, that colour will look so pretty against the ocean!
                  Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

                  #39 mekanabr

                  mekanabr
                  • Member
                  • 537 posts

                    Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

                    Love the color you are using Katelynn! So pretty. I love Martha Stewarts website, she has the best templates, I am totally using that one too :)

                    I asked Beverly about the boat trip but I haven't gotten a reply yet. Actually its been about 3 weeks since I've heard from which is a little longer than usual..oh well! She's prob mad at me bc I keep askng her alllll these questions but haven't reserved my date or put my depoit down yet..oops!

                    I want to know what songs ppl are using too!! I don't know what we are doing yet, but I was attempting to create our STD's today and my fiance told me he thinks saying "One Love" on anything is dumb lol. Jeesh..I thought it was quite perfect since it JAMAICA. But oh well... :) What types of STD's and invitatins are you girls doing? I'm making boarding pass STDs and so far they've been pretty simple to do. I'll post a pic once I have a finished product!

                    Have a great night everyone!!

                    #40 katelynn

                    katelynn
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 414 posts

                      Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mekanabr
                      Love the color you are using Katelynn! So pretty. I love Martha Stewarts website, she has the best templates, I am totally using that one too :)

                      I asked Beverly about the boat trip but I haven't gotten a reply yet. Actually its been about 3 weeks since I've heard from which is a little longer than usual..oh well! She's prob mad at me bc I keep askng her alllll these questions but haven't reserved my date or put my depoit down yet..oops!

                      I want to know what songs ppl are using too!! I don't know what we are doing yet, but I was attempting to create our STD's today and my fiance told me he thinks saying "One Love" on anything is dumb lol. Jeesh..I thought it was quite perfect since it JAMAICA. But oh well... :) What types of STD's and invitatins are you girls doing? I'm making boarding pass STDs and so far they've been pretty simple to do. I'll post a pic once I have a finished product!

                      Have a great night everyone!!

                      We also made boarding pass invitations..I made the ticket jacket if you want the template for that let me know. Our best man is a graphic designer so he made our invites and one of my BM's works at a printing company so it worked out amazing. I would post pics on here but I dont know how to yet...lol. We are still waiting on about 30 people to reply and they only have 2 weeks left so it should be interesting as I dont want to chase them but then again at the same time I would like to get some numbers!!

                      I am going to walk down the isle to only you can love me this way by keith urban and my uncle will be playing it/signing it on his guitar...we might also do somewhere over the rainbow - but I only really want the one and told my uncle to play whatever else he wants.

                      Beverly has been getting back to me quite quickly so I will email her about it and let you know if I hear anything back.
                      Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users