Any Gran Bahia Principe brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelynn View Post
thanks for getting back to me...this is a definite option that I never knew about. I feel like I dont know a lot of things. Right now all we have is a list of excusrions and a list of the packages and prices. I havent even emailed her with the package we want etc and she said we cant pick our restaurant until 2 weeks before we depart.

Is there anything else you girls know that I am missing...lol

Oh - an we applied for our long form birth certificates which you need to get married in Jamaica and they only took like a month to come in. We did it early as we thought it would take forever...seems like its a good time to do it now if you havent already!
Thanks for reminding me! That seems like one of those things people forget wink.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ladies,

I booked my wedding for Feb 22nd at 2PM. Our package is $2000 a person, a lot more expensive then your packages, I'm going to assume it's beacuse mine is at more of a peak time? either that or I'm totally getting ripped off.

Maybe I'm the cheapest bride ever, but we're going to go with the photographer at the resort. if the pictures suck, I'm sure that our guests will have taken some nice ones. And my fiances brother is a photographer, so I KNOW they will take nice pics. I just don't want to spend $2400 on a photographer, considering the pics aren't that important to me. I want a few nice ones, but thats it, and I will probably only get one framed. I'm not a big picture girl, the memories will be more important to me. And maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but we'll look so good all dressed up I can't imagine the pictures are going to be awful.

But now that I"m seeing everyone else is getting profesional ones, its making me nervous.

Planning a destination wedding is easy, but a bit stressful beacuse it doesn't seem like you have too much control over very much. And the wedding planner is super bad for getting back to me. It took me a month to finally set the date, and I sent her the forms with my credit card information a month ago and I still haven't been charged.

Sorry for the rant!

Yeah Beverly defnitely isn't very fast about getting back once you email her but I figured she's got a ton to do down there and I've read really good things about her once you are at the resort, so I wouldn't worry too much! However it is odd that she hasn't charged your card yet...guess the aren't too concerned about it lol.

Photographers are def expensive but to me its really important and I'd rather have a great photographer than tons of flowers etc... I'm bringing someone with me that way she'll be able to cover more than just the wedding. I always have a camera with me so thats something I didn't want to have to worry about, I wanted someone else to do that for me :)

Thanks for the reminder about birth certificates! So many little details I'm sure that I'm forgetting!

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Has anyone else bought their dress yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post
Yeah Beverly defnitely isn't very fast about getting back once you email her but I figured she's got a ton to do down there and I've read really good things about her once you are at the resort, so I wouldn't worry too much! However it is odd that she hasn't charged your card yet...guess the aren't too concerned about it lol.

Photographers are def expensive but to me its really important and I'd rather have a great photographer than tons of flowers etc... I'm bringing someone with me that way she'll be able to cover more than just the wedding. I always have a camera with me so thats something I didn't want to have to worry about, I wanted someone else to do that for me :)

Thanks for the reminder about birth certificates! So many little details I'm sure that I'm forgetting!

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Has anyone else bought their dress yet?

I bought my dress...even before we booked the wedding! haha. I am going to get the bridesmaid dresses July 5th with my girls as thats the only date so far we could all commit. They are from venus bridal - inexpensive and beautiful - I would deffinately recommend. The colour that they are wearing is iridescent peacock/teal which is nice and we are having orange accents. However I am now looking for chair sashes and I am having such a hard time matching the colour...now I am wondering if I made the right choice to go with a "different" colour than the normal aqua. My FI has already gotten his and all of the guys stuff and bugs me a lot how he was done before the girls!

I have also started racking my brain about centrepieces even though its so far away....

I have August off of school so I plan to go DIY crazy and get it all dont before I go back and things get hectic again.

I emailed Beverly about the gazebo reception and she got back to me the same day so we are pretty much 100% on this but I dont think we will have enough for the 15/pp for the bartender - plus we are giving big mugs in the OOT bags so we are hoping we use that??

Has anyone told Beverly which package they are going with? I havent done any of that yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by akua420 View Post
Hey ladies,

I booked my wedding for Feb 22nd at 2PM. Our package is $2000 a person, a lot more expensive then your packages, I'm going to assume it's beacuse mine is at more of a peak time? either that or I'm totally getting ripped off.

Maybe I'm the cheapest bride ever, but we're going to go with the photographer at the resort. if the pictures suck, I'm sure that our guests will have taken some nice ones. And my fiances brother is a photographer, so I KNOW they will take nice pics. I just don't want to spend $2400 on a photographer, considering the pics aren't that important to me. I want a few nice ones, but thats it, and I will probably only get one framed. I'm not a big picture girl, the memories will be more important to me. And maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but we'll look so good all dressed up I can't imagine the pictures are going to be awful.

But now that I"m seeing everyone else is getting profesional ones, its making me nervous.

Planning a destination wedding is easy, but a bit stressful beacuse it doesn't seem like you have too much control over very much. And the wedding planner is super bad for getting back to me. It took me a month to finally set the date, and I sent her the forms with my credit card information a month ago and I still haven't been charged.

Sorry for the rant!

It's all about figuring out what's most important to you. For me, photography is right up there. I'd rather spend less on my dress and not have tons of flowers, so I have extra money there. My mom even asked me why I was willing to spend so much of my budget on photography, but I really want to have the whole day captured so I have that for the rest of my life.

I've actually been really lucky with Beverly. At first it took her two weeks to get back to me, but after that inital e-mail it hasn't taken her more than 2 days to get back to me with every silly little question I have. I love that we have a day booked and we don't have to put down a deposit immediately.

Hello Ladies!

OMG I am so happy to be finding this info from other people planning weddings at the GBP! The place looks so beautiful I was totally shocked that there wasn't any information about anyone having a wedding there!

We will also be there the same time as a few of you as we have our date booked for May 7, 2011. I am thinking we are going to do a 3pm as to not run out of sunlight. We are bringing our own photographers as well but they told us to say that they were our relatives just to be safe so there wasn't any surprises once we got there.

I have my dress, the bridesmaids dresses are ordered, we have the guys pants and shoes, just have to find their shirts. Our colors are tangerine and fuschia.

Is anyone having something besides the CD playing during the ceremony? What about chair decorations? Are you renting those things down there or are you buying them and shipping them down? We haven't gotten our package prices for accomodations and airfare yet as our travel agent said the airfare wasn't available yet?!

I don't know what to do about the chair decorations yet. I don't think they're included in the package, but I asked Beverly to see what chairs are included and she hasn't sent me anything. So I"m hoping that worse case, I can pick them up when I'm there maybe.

I'm not having bridesmaids, so thats something I don't have to worry about since none of my bridesmaids are even coming. I bought my dress a few months ago, before I set a date too, ahhaa. But that is the most exciting part of planning the wedding!

I'm not too worried about flowers, I want it simple, I don't want anything too crazy, so I'm also waiting to see exampes from Beverly, but on another thread there is this company that does the chair wraps and flowers and it is SUPER cheap, I'll see if I can find it again, but its much cheaper then the resort prices.

I have NO IDEA what music I am going to use yet. Its stressing me out. What songs are you guys doing? Traditional or something more personal? I'm interested to hear about your music choices!!!

I don't know about your travel agent, but mine actually wrote to the hotel to get price quotes, beacuse the packages aren't out yet. So you might want to see if your TA can do that for me. Mine aws great about calling the resorts, she even initially called the wedding planner for me and got the wedding packages when Beverly wasn't returning my emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 View Post
Hello Ladies!
OMG I am so happy to be finding this info from other people planning weddings at the GBP! The place looks so beautiful I was totally shocked that there wasn't any information about anyone having a wedding there!

We will also be there the same time as a few of you as we have our date booked for May 7, 2011. I am thinking we are going to do a 3pm as to not run out of sunlight. We are bringing our own photographers as well but they told us to say that they were our relatives just to be safe so there wasn't any surprises once we got there.

I have my dress, the bridesmaids dresses are ordered, we have the guys pants and shoes, just have to find their shirts. Our colors are tangerine and fuschia.

Is anyone having something besides the CD playing during the ceremony? What about chair decorations? Are you renting those things down there or are you buying them and shipping them down? We haven't gotten our package prices for accomodations and airfare yet as our travel agent said the airfare wasn't available yet?!
Yay another GBP bride! Welcome! There's actually 3 of us the first week in May now. Crazy!

There are actually 2 brides that have pretty good reviews on the site that I found quite helpful. As for scouring the internet, I couldn't find much. I wish I could find some pictures or something just to get ideas (if any of you have plz share? *smiles*).

We will be having the steel drum band (FI really wants them) playing, and we're hiring a photographer (from Sungold) to shoot our wedding. As for chair decorations, I'll be bringing my own down I'm pretty sure. They're so cheap to buy. I'm a little behind you though when it comes to other things... no garments purchased. I'm going dress shopping on July 17th :)

We've gotten 2 prices quotes and we finally found a travel agent that we like and she should have our final quote to us by tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Flights ARE available. We'll probably be flying through Air Canada Vacations and are hoping to get a rate somewhere near our initial quote of 1200 per person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tris View Post
Yay another GBP bride! Welcome! There's actually 3 of us the first week in May now. Crazy!

There are actually 2 brides that have pretty good reviews on the site that I found quite helpful. As for scouring the internet, I couldn't find much. I wish I could find some pictures or something just to get ideas (if any of you have plz share? *smiles*).

We will be having the steel drum band (FI really wants them) playing, and we're hiring a photographer (from Sungold) to shoot our wedding. As for chair decorations, I'll be bringing my own down I'm pretty sure. They're so cheap to buy. I'm a little behind you though when it comes to other things... no garments purchased. I'm going dress shopping on July 17th :)

We've gotten 2 prices quotes and we finally found a travel agent that we like and she should have our final quote to us by tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Flights ARE available. We'll probably be flying through Air Canada Vacations and are hoping to get a rate somewhere near our initial quote of 1200 per person.

It is CRAZY that we are all from different locations but all coming together through this kind of an event and helping eachother out!! cheer2.gif

I just received notification from our travel agent that prices for the airline are going to be $475; she is creating packages from there for everyone coming to meet their needs for taking off of work, etc. which is really nice! We are hoping that since we are not having a bachelor/bachelorette party before we go (our wedding party is all over the US) that we will have one once we all get down there. We are getting married on a Saturday and think that we will plan it for Thursday so there is a day of recovery before the wedding!

In another of the GBP posts, they also said that the chair covers were included in the package?! What's the deal? I was also wondering from the other brides that have gotten married there, how is the beauty shop on grounds? I noticed included in one of the packages was a free practice style with the purchase of a style...any input?!

I have not been in contact with Beverly at all as our TA has done it all thus far...I am thinking that I should maybe email her just to verify that everything that we are being told is happening, is ACTAULLY happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelynn View Post
Hey Tris,

I am flying out April 30th-May 7th 2011 with our wedding on May 3rd 2011...its crazy that we will prob be there at the same time!!!

All I have gotten from Beverly is the packages with details and costs...it seems like I will have to get my but into gear in the new year though.

Kate
Hey Tris & Kate,
We aren't getting married until the 7th but we are planning on flying down on the 4th! I am going to have to find you both and see if you have any last minute tips to offer!! smile124.gif