• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

Anyone on here eat low carb? I don't want to cut out all carbs, but I do want to cut back... Just looking for ideas of what to eat, etc...

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

Not me.. I LOVE carbs.. But with that said I eat "wheat" when ever possible. They actually have pasta that is high in protien, actually pretty good.

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

Me! I use to do really well on it, then started eating crap....I am starting back up on Monday.

I love chicken or steak and asparagus. I love salads too! I dont like fish, but that's good for you too....most veggies are good except corn (my fav).

I belong to a really good LC forum, if ya want the link. They have some good recipes on there too.

#4 JessicaM

JessicaM
        • Vendor
        • 1,969 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

I try to eat "lower" carbs what are you looking for...snacks....meals?
          One new items I found recently is the yogurt that is low carb (carb control or sugar control) and really good....especially for quick breakfast! Nuts are good, celery and string cheese, sandwiches with salad wraps instead of bread too!

#5 mkdela

mkdela
          • 82 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

Red wine! :)
            KATHLEEN & COURTNEY 3/1/08

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Just Martha
              Me! I use to do really well on it, then started eating crap....I am starting back up on Monday.

I love chicken or steak and asparagus. I love salads too! I dont like fish, but that's good for you too....most veggies are good except corn (my fav).

I belong to a really good LC forum, if ya want the link. They have some good recipes on there too.
              I would love the link, thanks Martha

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chprfan
                I try to eat "lower" carbs what are you looking for...snacks....meals?
                One new items I found recently is the yogurt that is low carb (carb control or sugar control) and really good....especially for quick breakfast! Nuts are good, celery and string cheese, sandwiches with salad wraps instead of bread too!
                mostly meals really that aren't just about meat, I guess...

I did find that yogurt, I love it!!

#8 jak27

jak27
                • 715 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

I eat pretty low carb, anywhere from 60-80g a day, but get most of my carbs from vegetables. I don't eat any refined carbs, and if I do eat some carbs, I try to limit to whole wheat/whole grain.

I love frittatas, and stir fry and then we love steak or chicken or shrimp night with a big green salad or low fat ceasar made with Ken's Light Creamy Ceasar.

Yum!

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jak27
                    I eat pretty low carb, anywhere from 60-80g a day, but get most of my carbs from vegetables. I don't eat any refined carbs, and if I do eat some carbs, I try to limit to whole wheat/whole grain.

I love frittatas, and stir fry and then we love steak or chicken or shrimp night with a big green salad or low fat ceasar made with Ken's Light Creamy Ceasar.

Yum!
                    ok, this might be a stupid question... don't laugh... what is a frittata? I only started eating salad about a year ago, I am a picky eater and wouldn't try anything new, now I love them! lol

#10 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
                    • 2,171 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:17 PM

Send us the link! thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users