Best Time of Year to visit Mexico

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Soon-to-be-McRae

Soon-to-be-McRae
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hi

We are looking to marry in Cancun at the Gran Caribe Real Resort in 2012 but i carn't seem to identify the best months to go with spring break (i don't want to go when the resort is packed with college students!) the high summer with very high temps and also the hurricane and rainy seasons.

Is there a good time to go when its not heavily packed and not to hot/humid or raining heavy

#2 skadow

skadow
    • Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hmmmm... As I am sitting in class...I would say today would be the best day to go

#3 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
      • 349 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

Having been there April (2 years ago) and May (this time around), I would say that those months are generally pretty safe weather wise. I don't think you can ever escape humidity completely in the Carribean side of Mexico, but I can tell you the 2 weeks we were there between May 2nd and May 16th were very warm and sunny just the way I like it :)

#4 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
        • 279 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

We picked late January because it's significantly less humid than the spring and summer months.

November is still on the tail end of hurricane season. December and early January are busy for guests because of holidays, plus rates are highly linflated rates. So late January was perfect for us. We're from Chicago and have bitter cold winters so we figured who wouldn't want to get away in January?!

April/May I believe is a bit cheaper than January however, so there are benefits and drawbacks to all.

#5 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
          • 349 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by skadow
            Hmmmm... As I am sitting in class...I would say today would be the best day to go
            Heehee, you are totally right about this one!

#6 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
            • 225 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

is July a good time to get married in Cancun. I am always afraid of hurricanes. What the months hurricanes have hit that area. I am also afraid because of the giant oil spill in Louisiana.

#7 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

best time of year, by far is going to be November - Mid March. Thats a HUGE time window.... BUT, the weather is so nice here and in the first months of Nov, I believe rates are cheaper.

I'd try to avoid spring break months, March - Mid April.

good luck :)
                matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users