Photo

OOT question

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Barrierunner

Barrierunner
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

I'm leaving for Varadero Cuba in 6 weeks and we will have about 30 guests joining us. Do I bring the OOT bags to Cuba with me and assemble and hand them out there or is it better to hand them out before we leave? I don't want to take up luggage room since I have other things to bring. Any advice from those who have already been married? Do's and don'ts?
    Thanks!

#2 wendyjd

wendyjd
    • 968 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

From what I've read most people take with them, usually they divide the contents among family members so less you to bring with you and assemble once you arrive. However I am not yet married so I will defer to any of the Mrs on the site.

#3 Sweetpea_Mtl

Sweetpea_Mtl
      • 172 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

That's a good question... I imagine you're giving out one bag per person and not per couple right? My FI seems to think that one per couple was enough (trying to save on luggage space not budget) but I find that looks cheap...

#4 msglave

msglave
        • 933 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

We are doing one bag per couple and one bag per single. Some things the couples only need one of (like door knob hangers), However, we will be putting two of some things in there (like hangover kits).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sweetpea_Mtl
          That's a good question... I imagine you're giving out one bag per person and not per couple right? My FI seems to think that one per couple was enough (trying to save on luggage space not budget) but I find that looks cheap...

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
          Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
          www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#5 msglave

msglave
          • 933 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

BTW-We are taking ours down.
            The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
            Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
            www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#6 selassie11

selassie11
            • 206 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

I have a long way to go still, but i'm doing mostly local favors so I plan on taking the bags and some of the contents with me, but I'll be buying everything in JA and assembling there.

#7 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
              • 169 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:05 AM

I *want* to give them out before we leave... or at the airport or something, but I'm thinking the most space effective would be to assemble and give out once we're there. And I'm a thrifty person so that's what I'll probably end up doing.
                Iberostar Varadero
                25 March 2011
                Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#8 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                • 997 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

We're handing out our bags before the trip...in fact we're seeing some of our wedding guests next week at our shower and we'll be giving a few then. I just think it's easy that way and once seeing them all assembled I couldn't imagine bringing 25 goodie bags down with us. Also, we're bringing Pashminas, decor, flowers, and fans...I think that's enough goodies for everyone down there. I know a lot of the girls do lug them all down but for us...we though it would be another thing to get people excited before our trip. On our OOT letter we wrote "THANK YOU! GOODIES FOR YOU TO BRING TO PUNTA CANA!" Hopefully people will Just my two cents!

#9 Girasole

Girasole
                  • 757 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

We had a jack & jill shower before we left so instead of taking them all on the plane I gave a few out there & just took 2 or 3 with us for the other people not at the shower.

As for cost...we only had 9 people so we made a bag for everyone but I know if we had more it would have been per couple for cost purposes.
                    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#10 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
                    • 539 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

We're giving them out when we get there. I'll buy 1/2 the stuff down there and bring 1/2 of it with. I'll pack it tight and have my MOH's take an extra bag, then we'll assemble when we get down there.
                      ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users