Photo

Used Engagement Rings

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ajncooter

ajncooter
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

Hey Guys.. anyone know of a company that buys engagement rings? I am thinking about selling my ring from my first marriage and not sure I want to do the whole pawn shop thing? Any ideas?

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ajncooter
      Hey Guys.. anyone know of a company that buys engagement rings? I am thinking about selling my ring from my first marriage and not sure I want to do the whole pawn shop thing? Any ideas?
      some jewelery store will let you "upgrade" or buy it and then give you credit towards another purchase.... maybe that is an idea

#3 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

yea i got it at zales and they will do that but i have a new ring 5 times the size and i just wanted to try and sell it out right... good suggestion though!

#4 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:08 PM

right, I remember that gorgeous ring!! I was thinking more along the lines or your band or money towards your band or his band....
          I can't really think of anything else but a pawn shop and they won't even give you what its worth...

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

I think they just require you to spend double what they give you back for the ring. So you could use it for your wedding bands.

#6 lambert13

lambert13
            • 901 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

Maybe its because I am overly superstitious, but I would feel weird about the old ring having something to do with the new rings if you did a trade-in thing towards the bands. Most privately owned jewelery stores will buy stuff from private sellers though.

#7 Chiquita

Chiquita
              • 2,674 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

Listing it on ebay? Never know!

#8 ajncooter

ajncooter
                • 983 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

thanks... yea i had them make my ring in a triple band so no wedding band for me and i know im not going to spend double the amount for his band ... no biggie i just thought i would throw it out there and see if anyone knew of any companies that sold estate jewelry.. Thanks guys!

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

hmm I think their is a place in Novi that buys jewerly.. Weinstien, something like that. It's off Grand River I went in their store when I was looking for a wedding band to see about their custom bands and they had a case of previously owned jewerly. Might want to check them out.

#10 ajncooter

ajncooter
                    • 983 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:21 PM

awesome tammy thanks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users