Photo

My first DIY!! Yipee...paintbrushes...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Bpink62581

Bpink62581
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

That looks FANTASTIC! Oh I'm so borrowing your idea! Thanks for sharing :)

#12 JanineA

JanineA
    • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KarenM
      Great job Janine!! Can't wait to see the finished product!
      Thanks Karen I was really inspired after seeing your paintbrushes in your planning thread I had to do some of my own!!

#13 ~Angela~

~Angela~
      • 4,172 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Angela~
        Very nice!!!!! Where did you find the antique crackle stuff? Is it paint? I found some signs on Etsy that have it that I love, and I was thinking I could probably save myself some money and do it myself if I could find the write materials.
        I am a teacher and was just re-reading this thread and saw I used the wrong write. It should've been right!!!! How embarrassing! LOL!

I am going to go to Michael's this weekend to get supplies!!!! Did you use black as the base coat?

#14 JanineA

JanineA
        • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ~Angela~
          I am a teacher and was just re-reading this thread and saw I used the wrong write. It should've been right!!!! How embarrassing! LOL!

I am going to go to Michael's this weekend to get supplies!!!! Did you use black as the base coat?

Yes I used the black base coat...you can also use brown base coat but they were out of brown when I went. You can either use white crackle or cream. Though my colors are ivory the cream was a bit too yellowish. I got the Valspar brand but there are others. If you want it to look even more rustic you can get a piece of sand paper and just sand out edges...that gives it a sort of weathered look but be careful if you sand away too much it looks botched. I was looking up signs last night and came across someone selling the whole set of paint brushes, sign and pail on etsy for $99! I was like holy cow it costs less than 1/4 of that to make it.

#15 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
          • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

Very nice! I've always loved that look. It's very classic.
            Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
            Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
            http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
            Leftover Wedding Items FS:
            http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users