Photo

Royal Suites Turquesa at Grand Palladium 4/16/10

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 kitty25967

kitty25967
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

I hired DJ Mannia!!! Sooo excited.  What is more fun then a lighted dancefloor on the beach with a worry free night of drinks, music, and dancing!  woo hoo, I'm so excited an wish mine was next week!

#22 chell44

chell44
    • 202 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:52 AM

Could you tell me where you had the cocktail hour?

#23 beachbum

beachbum
      • 351 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:30 AM

We had the cocktail in the green / open space that was near the gazebo.  They brought the champagne, and food out there.  The cocktail hour was so worth it, it was some of the best food of our week there!

#24 chell44

chell44
        • 202 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

did you have it right after your ceremony?

#25 kitty25967

kitty25967
          • 320 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by beachbum 

We had the cocktail in the green / open space that was near the gazebo.  They brought the champagne, and food out there.  The cocktail hour was so worth it, it was some of the best food of our week there!

#26 beachbum

beachbum
            • 351 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

Yes, our ceremony started at 4 pm - it didn't take that long, cocktail hour started right after (i assume this was around 4:30) and everyone was hanging out, we were taking pictures on the beach.  The sun was starting to set by the time our dinner started (6:30).

#27 roxy1122

roxy1122
              • Site Supporter
              • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by beachbum 

Yes, our ceremony started at 4 pm - it didn't take that long, cocktail hour started right after (i assume this was around 4:30) and everyone was hanging out, we were taking pictures on the beach.  The sun was starting to set by the time our dinner started (6:30).

beachbum, in which restaurant did you have your reception dinner? I am still deciding between doing a private dinner or semi-private (not paying the $1000) and then doing the beach party afterward :)

#28 beachbum

beachbum
                • 351 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

ours was supposed to be at el bohio, ended up at arrecife.

#29 Chule0307

Chule0307
                  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hey Roxy1122,

You met with Carolina? How did it go? I will try to find the link ;) Time is getting close! YAY!

Originally Posted by Chule0307 

WOW!!! How funny is that...our weddings at the same resort and in the same week :)....Maybe we see eachother over there. Did you decide on your ceremony area? What about your reception? I wanted to know if you were adding your own details to your wedding (e.g. favors, menus, centerpieces???).

Thanks in advance for your answers.

#30 Chule0307

Chule0307
                    • 34 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hey Roxy,

I have emailed Carolina to ask her about the printing of the menu's and ceremony info. Still no response :( I will be arriving on Thursday 07-21-11.

Originally Posted by roxy1122 

Yes maybe we will see each other! What date are you planning to arrive and how long? Feel free to PM me if you wish :) I decided on the gazebo for the ceremony, the one used for symbolic ceremonies is the one nearest the beach and soooooo pretty! For the reception I am still debating between La Uva which is right near the beach and gets a nice breeze, or El Quijote which is an indoor restaurant and hopefully air conditioned. I am planning either a private or semi-private reception at the restaurant and then moving the party to the beach with a beach party. I am still on the fence about having a beach party or just keeping the reception in the restaurant. And when I met with Carolina in August, she said you are free to bring your own decorations. They offer decorations for the reception but with an extra charge. I hear that she makes menus and other brides have said that they didn't get any, so to be safe I will be making some. Anything else ask away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users