Restaurant reccomendation?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

We would like to go out for a dinner while we're at Dreams PV in Sept. I wasn't sure where to go or if anyone had any had a favorite place they might reccomend. I've heard tons of great things about Daquiri Dick's....but from everything I've read it seems to be closed the entire month of September! So we're out of luck there I guess!

Any suggestions are appreciated!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

Yes!! Barcelona Tapas. I should be getting paid for all the PR I do for them, lol, but honestly they have killer food and spectacular views. Best food I've had in PV yet. Go just before dusk so you catch the sunset. Once it's dark you see the fireworks shows too, it's breathtaking up there. Make sure to have a few tequila creams for me :o)

#3 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

That sounds great!! Thanks!

I don't know what a tequila cream is, but I'll make sure to find out and have one for you!

#4 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
        • 259 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

I've also heard great things about Barcelona Tapas. I'm actually having my welcome dinner there.

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sanchez0014
            I've also heard great things about Barcelona Tapas. I'm actually having my welcome dinner there.
            Get out! It will be quite memorable, to this day my guests talk about the WD as much as the wedding.

Have you been in touch with Bill? My brother designed a contract for him to use for future welcome dinners...wonder if he's using it? lol

#6 Wisco4

Wisco4
            • 666 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

I haven't been to PV in years but PiPi's was good! We went there 3 times during our visit. If you like guacamole, they make it to your liking at your table. yum!
              ~Amanda

#7 HeatherNDan

HeatherNDan
              • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by starchild
                Get out! It will be quite memorable, to this day my guests talk about the WD as much as the wedding.

Have you been in touch with Bill? My brother designed a contract for him to use for future welcome dinners...wonder if he's using it? lol
                How many people did you have at your welcome dinner? I've been trying to research restaurants in PV for our welcome dinner too. I've been looking into Spiaggia - do you know anything about them? How was your dinner at Barcelona tapas set up? Do you mind sharing how much it cost per person? The atmosphere I'm looking for is casual and fun - we really want our guest to meet and mingle so we were thinking instead of a full sit down dinner - just cocktails and heavy appetizers or buffet type dinner.

#8 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                • VIP Member
                • 4,116 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

So here's the thing...I tracked down the Barcelona Tapas website and it says that they are closed for vacation the month of September.

I know we're going in the off season...but damn. That's a bummer. And poor Monica is so disappointed and now worrying like crazy that things are going to be closed etc. the entire time we're there. I'm sure there's somewhere yummy we can go....

...back to the drawing-board!

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

I've read good things on Trip Advisor about a restaurant called Victor's. Apparently Victor himself comes out to take tequila shots with you.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#10 raisinblur

raisinblur
                    • 94 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

Are these all restaurants at Dreams PV, or just regular old restaurants open to the public? I was thinking about doing a welcome dinner thing, but we're not staying at Dreams. We're most likely staying at the Fiesta Americana, so I hope at least some of these restaurants are nearby! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users