Photo

Need musician suggestions- can anyone help?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ekcmexico

ekcmexico
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

I am trying to find a good guitar soloist for the ceremony, a small mariachi trio for the cocktail hour, and a salsa band for the reception.

If anyone has names and website links to musicians you have found or heard about, can you share?

Music is such an important part of my wedding and I really want to make the right choice.

Thank you so much!!

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

Where are you having a reception? It's best if you can use local musicians so that you don't have to pay for their travel.

#3 ekcmexico

ekcmexico
      • 36 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

I am getting married in Playa Del Carmen on Sept 5th. I checked to see if the Balance Band was available but they are already booked. I'm really interested in finding a good salsa band.

Thanks!

#4 Smidge

Smidge
        • 55 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

I don't want know if this will help you. My daughter was married at the Fairmont Mayakoba, north of Playa del Carmen. This is the contact we had for a string trio that played during the ceremony. My understanding was that there were other musicians available, but we wanted classical during the ceremony and used a DJ at the reception. The company is Big Bang Productions, and we were linked through our wedding coordinator at the Fairmont. For what it's worth, we were very pleased with the string trio.

dulce@bbproductions.com.mx

#5 Marifer

Marifer
          • Banned
          • 54 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

thanks! will contact her, I assume she knows several options for me to choose?
            Love is in the air! :

#6 Marifer

Marifer
            • Banned
            • 54 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:20 PM

hey!
              ws the party fun? music selections? did they work with you in choosing the music?
              thanks! let me know!
              Love is in the air! :

#7 Smidge

Smidge
              • 55 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

Everything was perfect! My son in law planned the music, so I'm really not sure about how the selection went. We went with the DJ because, at home, people know the area bands. It's not the same for a destination wedding, and a bad band can kill a party faster than anything. We also decided that a mariachi could get "old" after an extended length of time. Our setting was more "eco-friendly" than "fiesta," and the trio is right for us. In another setting, the guitar soloist or mariachi may be the way to go.

One thing, a friend of the bride and groom's is a "hobby" DJ, and he did the music for the welcome party. His choices were more "techno," and I think our guests enjoyed that style best. Everyone, young and old, was dancing, and the energy level was high. The DJ probably could have done that, and hindsight is always 20/20.

#8 CamilleA

CamilleA
                • 83 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

For a guitarist I'm using a gentleman that I met while down in PDC doing some planning - his name is Luis Garcia, he is amazing!!! his email is: azulestodo@hotmail.com
                  Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users