Emailing/Talking with WC at resort???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CND_Redhead

CND_Redhead
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hi Everyone,

We're getting married in Panama in Jan so it's about 8 mths away.
    I am just wondering when is a good time to start emailing the WC at the resort to start setting up what you want (i.e decorations, flowers, music arrangements etc..)

If anyone has been to the Royal Decameron and has first hand exerience I'd love to hear from you.
    Or if you could give me an idea of when you started with your resort WC that would help!

Cheers,
    Jen
    :http://www.ezticker.....ing/ticker.png

Bride & Groom + 38 BOOKED!!!

#2 debbmach

debbmach
    • 1,457 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

From what I've heard the resort WC should contact you 1-2 months before the wedding, but I'm not sure. I'd love to hear what everyone has to say too!
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#3 Fireweed

Fireweed
      • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

I've already emailed mine a bunch of times and the wedding is 5 months away. Some stuff I just needed to know so I could plan (ie. the outlet voltages in the room, and the ceremony location options.) She gets back to me right away. I think they're used to brides contacting them months ahead - most girls want to plan everything out in their head, even if that's not entirely possible with a DW.

#4 teshy1

teshy1
        • 162 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

IMO, if you have any questions you want answered, you should send off an e-mail to the WC. I don't think there is any "rule" on how soon to contact the WC. In general, WCs are used to lots of e-mails from brides-to-be.
          Planning details like flowers, decorations, menu, etc., might not be possible until later on.
          In my case, those details were decided once we arrived at the resort. We did have some info ahead of time, and the major things like date, time, location were of course taken care of months in advance.
          I say ask away!

#5 JanineA

JanineA
          • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

After making our deposit I contacted my WC a few times with general questions regarding our package, etc. About 6 months out I contacted her to finalize the menu, pick the reception location and get the contact numbers for vendors for my flowers, music, rehearsal dinner restaurant options, etc. When I am 3 months out I will probably contact her again to make sure that everything is finalized since by then I will have my final count on guests and make any last minute payments. Whenever something comes up she has contacted me but most of the time I was the one contacting her. I don't expect to have her full attention till closer to my date though.....at the moment she write back anywhere from a day to a week after I have contacted her.

#6 CND_Redhead

CND_Redhead
            • 184 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by teshy1
              IMO, if you have any questions you want answered, you should send off an e-mail to the WC. I don't think there is any "rule" on how soon to contact the WC. In general, WCs are used to lots of e-mails from brides-to-be.
              Planning details like flowers, decorations, menu, etc., might not be possible until later on.
              In my case, those details were decided once we arrived at the resort. We did have some info ahead of time, and the major things like date, time, location were of course taken care of months in advance.
              I say ask away!
              Thanks!
              p.s I LOVE your flowers!
              :http://www.ezticker.....ing/ticker.png

Bride & Groom + 38 BOOKED!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users