Help for an indecisive bride!

Okay, so I spent weeks agonizing over the decision of which Sandals resort to get married at...I finally chose Sandals Grande Ocho Rios and booked a Honeymoon Oceanview Villa One Bedroom Suite W/ Pool. I was very happy with my choice but lately I have started stressing out that I didn't pick the right resort. I had no problem saying yes to the man. I had no problem saying yes to the dress. Why on earth am I having such a hard time saying yes to the resort?!

Hey, don't stress mon! I'm actually going through the same agony right now as well. My brother and his wife were married at Couples San Souci in 2007 and it was beautiful! Ochos Rios is beautiful and their pictures are perfect with the sunset in the background! Your wedding will be beautiful, don't stress! My fiance and I are planning our wedding in Jamaica for this November because my brother's was so great! I can't decide between Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean, any ideas?

When I was trying to decide which resort I would pick this is what a friend sent me who has been to all the properties.

Hope this helps :)

Ocho Rios is horrible…hate that resort, no beach, road runs across the property. Montego Bay is older (still nice) and though I love Whitehouse, it is not plausible for many because there are no resorts near by if children are coming. Of all the resorts in Jamaica - Negril, Sandals is by far the nicest. Remember, this is a Caribbean resort. Rooms are tropical. No building in Negril can be taller than the highest palm tree.

seedsngarlick - I was initially considering Sandals Grande Ocho Rios but ultimately wanted to keep the ceremony as close to MoBay and the airport, simply for the convienience of our guests. Had that not been a major issue for us, I think If definitely would have went with SGOR. Don't second guess your choice - it'll be great where ever you are because you'll be with friends, family and of course your future hubby!

Mandy - I'm getting married at Sandals Royal Caribbean and then transferring to Couples Negril for the honeymoon. That's always an idea if you're really torn between the two!

I made the decision and booked our accommodations very quickly, and in hindsight, I kind of wish I had taken more time to do research. But we got engaged and set the date for just 8 months away (which also happens to be during a holiday) so we had to make quick decisions.

I chose to split the wedding and honeymoon resorts for a few reasons...I didn't know how many guests would want to stay longer and I didn't want to end up honeymooning with my family. Also, I really liked the idea of Couples but they didn't have any wedding dates available that would work for us, so we decided to just move there after the ceremony. Sandals seems a bit more rigid in their wedding options and I'm finding they like to sneak in tons of extra charges. But there is less to plan, as they have wedding packages which appeal to many people. I don't know much about the wedding packages at Couples but I do know they have more to offer as far as what is included at the resort. Check out the message board on their website - lots of good info.

So...my H2B said to stop overanalyzing everything and relax. We decided to get married in Jamaica, just the two of us, so we wouldn't have a stressed out experience. And then I go and stress out about everything! Go figure! I will now try to be more "irie" about this whole thing and go with Grande Ocho Rios, which was our original choice. Although, first anniv. I am definitely thinking Negril :)

We split our trip up between 2 resorts as well...Sandals Negril for the wedding and the Whitehouse for the honeymoon. My TA convinced me about the Whitehouse as we were thinking of Ochos Rios for the 2nd week. I am sure that you will be happy with the decisions you make...everything will work out! We all go through the stresses!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delnel24 View Post
Who is your travel agent? I wonder if we have the same one? We're both doing the same thing. I have Jennifer who is awesome. She's the bride from the wedding video on Sandals.com that got married at Beaches Turks. She's has made life much easier because I don't have to deal with any of the Sandals WC's anymore.
I am using a local travel agent that I use for work...he is great and very helpful. He and his wife have been to all the Sandals resorts so he is very knowledgable on Sandals...as for the Florida WC, I haven't even spoken with her yet. She made 2 appointments with me...one I had to cancel because of work and the other, she called 3 hours late and barely apologized. I am only going to send her the necessary paperwork and that's it. I will book my photography when we get down there...flowers I am using silk...we are only doing the BB with no upgrades and we are not having a reception since only 2 others are coming down with us. We instead are having an AHR the day after we return. The beauty of Jamaica will be our decor :)

When are you going?? We leave 11/28 with a wedding date of 12/2...