MP Brides, Room Rates?

Hi girls,

I can't remember who, but one of the past MP brides posted the room rates that her guests were offered. Just for budgetary reasons, I am trying to find those figures so I can ballpark my expenses. Does anyone have any rates taht they could share? Thanks so much!

• 2 months later...

the date is 4/4/2011

These are the rates I was given:

Room Category: Deluxe- Resort View**

Single $344 (1 adult) per person/ per night

Double $192 (2 adults) per person/ per night

Triple $185 (3 adults) per person/ per night

Quad $177 (4 adults) per person/ per night

Children $54 per child, per night when sharing room with parents ages 4-17.

Deluxe room category is based upon availability. You must notify and confirm with your Wedding Sales Executive the number of rooms available in the category.

Room Category: Superior Deluxe Suite

Single $440 (1 adult) per person/ per night

Double $240 (2 adults) per person/ per night

Triple $231 (3 adults) per person/ per night

Quad $221 (4 adults) per person/ per night

Children $54 per child, per night when sharing room with parents ages 4-17.

Maximum 4 people per room including children

Another bride went through a TA and was quoted this:

"Deluxe Resort View" prices at $184.00 per person per night based on double room occupancy for January 4 - April 30, 2011. For May 1 - Aug. 20, 2011 rates drop to $154.00 per person per night and Aug. 21 - Dec. 23, 2011 - $148.00 per person per night double."

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to damitaprilurcool, I was able to get in touch with a TA from LA (hehe) who quoted me the following rates...slightly better than the ones given by my WC in Miami...which makes me think, is it the responsibililty of the brides to try and find the best rates??

"For your Apirl 2011 dates rates would be as follows, rates are per room per night based on room occupancy indicated and include all taxes/fees:

Deluxe Resort View Room: 
Double:  $370.00 
Triple:    $534.00 
Quad:    $680.00 
Single:   $334.00

Superior Deluxe Garden View: 
Double:  $460.00 
Triple:    $663.00 
Quad:    $848.00 
Single:   $425.00

Superior Deluxe Ocean View: 
Double:  $484.00 
Triple:    $702.00 
Quad:    $896.00 
Single:   $448.00

Concierge Level: 
Double:  $526.00 
Single:   $489.00

You may already be familiar with the "Added Values" Palace Resorts offers when booking a wedding at their resorts. We can of course confirm the same group benefits"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to find out if I can get a lower rate. My WC originally gave me the incorrect prices which ended up being cheaper and they finally honored the rates after a month of ignoring me. And now I'm finding out that the rates for guests staying 6 nights or less is way more. ($247.20 per person/per night). I'm going to see what my wedding coordinator says.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone else been able to get their WC to honor the cheaper quote? Or even something better?

Another bride went through a TA and was quoted this:
"Deluxe Resort View" prices at $184.00 per person per night based on double room occupancy for January 4 - April 30, 2011. For May 1 - Aug. 20, 2011 rates drop to $154.00 per person per night and Aug. 21 - Dec. 23, 2011 - $148.00 per person per night double."

Just to compare notes...

Rates below are "per person per night" and include all taxes/fees, valid for stays January 4 - April 14, 2012:
Deluxe Resort View:  $214.00 per person based on double / $392.00 per night single / $206.00 per person triple / $197.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Garden View:  $238.00 per person based on double / $440.00 per night single / $229.00 per night triple / $218.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Ocean View:   $250.00 per person based on double / $464.00 per night single / $242.00 per night triple / $230.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Ocean Front:  $256.00 per person based on double / $476.00 per night single (maximum occupancy 2 Adults)
Concierge Level:  $272.00 per person based on double / $506.00 per night single (maximum occupancy 2 Adults)
Children 4-17 years pay $52.00 per night.  Child rate applies only when child shares room with 2 or more adults

For comparison purposes I will quote below rates for April 15 - August 18, 2012:
Deluxe Resort View:  $179.00 per person based on double / $322.00 per night single / $172.00 per person triple / $160.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Garden View:  $198.00 per person based on double / $360.00 per night single / $191.00 per night triple / $178.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Ocean View:   $210.00 per person based on double / $384.00 per night single / $202.00 per night triple / $190.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Ocean Front:  $216.00 per person based on double / $396.00 per night single (maximum occupancy 2 Adults)
Concierge Level:  $232.00 per person based on double / $427.00 per night single (maximum occupancy 2 Adults)
Children 4-17 years pay $52.00 per night.  Child rate applies only when child shares room with 2 or more adults

You may already be familiar with the "Added Values" Palace Resorts offers when booking a wedding at their resorts.  We can of course confirm the same group benefits:

·  Hotel will provide one complimentary Cocktail after ceremony with 5 to 9 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights or total of 15 room nights. (Function areas are assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival).  Should you require additional functions there will be a surcharge based on the number of guests and type of event.

·  Hotel will provide one complimentary Cocktail after ceremony and 2 complimentary nights (based on lowest room category rate) for bride and groom with 10 to 19 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights or total of 30 room nights.  Complimentary nights have a $10.00 per person, per night, nonrefundable charge for tips and gratuities applied.

·   Hotel agrees to provide one upgrade to a complimentary private function instead of a cocktail party plus 4 complimentary nights for the bride and groom with 20 to 24 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights or total of 60 room nights.  Complimentary nights have a $10.00 per person, per night, nonrefundable charge for tips and gratuities applied.

·   Hotel agrees to provide unlimited private functions plus 7 complimentary nights with 25 rooms or more paid nightly for 3 nights or total of 75 room nights.  Complimentary nights have a $10.00 per person, per night, nonrefundable charge for tips and gratuities applied.

·   Hotel agrees to provide the bride and groom with a room upgrade for a minimum of 25 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights or 75 room nights, based on availability.

·   Private Group functions are available without surcharge in meeting rooms and outdoor venues, except for beach and rooftop terraces with no elevator access, when using inclusive Hotel menus.  The private functions provided by the resort will solemnly depend on the number of rooms booked through the group contract with Vacations For Less, Inc.  Reservations booked through other sources will not be counted towards the group room block.  Private areas are assigned based on availability.

The above group benefits apply only when securing a Group Block Agreement which would lock in the rates for your guests and guarantee the availability of rooms.  All rooms would have to be reserved through the group block which would mean that all your guests would have to book through our office.  Reservations booked through other sources would not count towards your group block room night production.

Palace Resorts is also offering a Resort Credit for all guests staying at their hotels:  $1500 Resort Credit per room for stay of 5 or more nights, $750 Resort Credit per room for stays 4 nights, $500 Resort Credit for stays of 3 nights.  The Resort Credits can be applied towards Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon, Upgraded Wine Selection, Romantic Dinner, Room Upgrades and Palace Wedding Collections.  

Depending on number of rooms required, when securing a room block at any hotel there is a good faith group deposit required by the hotel.  The deposit amount is about 6% of the total estimated room revenue and I can let you know the amount based on number of rooms and nights you would consider blocking.  The first group deposit would be applied to the cost of your room and/or any other rooms you may be paying for and any overpayment is refunded back to you upon finalizing the group which is usually about 30 days prior to arrival.

Your guests would be required to guarantee their room reservations with a one night deposit at time of booking, there would be a second deposit due date set by the hotel (usually about 90-120 days prior to arrival date) to complete 50% of total room charges and final payment would be due 45 days prior to arrival date.  Each guest would receive a confirmation invoice from us upon booking detailing the deposit/payment deadlines.  Guests usually welcome the payment plan rather than having to pay in full if booking online and they can also make installment payments in between as long as each deposit is completed on the due dates.