Photo

Mailing of brochures

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TinaK

TinaK
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

How did you guys mail your pre-travel brochures? Just in an envelope...any special decor?
    Thank you!

#2 selassie11

selassie11
    • 206 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

I actually put together a packet that included a folded notecard announcing our engagement and plans to marry in JA, the brochure, a STD magnet, and an "in case you were wondering" (FAQ) sheet with answers to some preliminary questions we assumed folks would have. we also included a rsvp card because we want to get a sense of who's coming for sure so we can plan accordingly. Our guests are actually going to be booking through us -- since we chose a private villa, we'll be charged the costs and guest are essentially reimbursing us. so with the rsvp card we're asking for a 50% deposit.

i got the brochures and notecards from vistaprint for free (just paid s&h) and the save the date magnets from an etsy seller. everything turned out great! our guests are already raving!

#3 selassie11

selassie11
      • 206 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

duh! i see that you're way past the save the date stage...you're getting married next month!! pardon me...

#4 TinaK

TinaK
        • 47 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Yeah I'm past that stage!!!! I already sent out my STD's months ago! Thanks for the info tho :)

#5 AishaB

AishaB
          • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

I don't know if this would help but maybe checking the planning threads/journals can maybe show/tell you how others have sent theirs out? I know that the journals have a lot of info and are very helpful.
            BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#6 mswhatever

mswhatever
            • 475 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TinaK
              How did you guys mail your pre-travel brochures? Just in an envelope...any special decor?
              Thank you!
              I am putting everything in a 2 pocket folder that I have added 2 more smaller pockets to and then into a larger envelope. I am decorating the folder with travel theme cutouts from my cricut. I am putting passport covers, luggage tags in the smaller pockets. In the larger pockets, I am putting 2 brochures (1 jamaica & 1 Grand Palladium), packing checklist, FAQ list, pen, and of course a thanks for booking letter.

#7 Leigh17

Leigh17
              • 339 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

If you're still in the designing stage of your brochure...I made a three fold brochure & left one of the panels blank for the address, stamp & return address, and then I sealed the brochure with clear mailing seals that had a perforated line the guests could easily break open when they received the brochure. So when they receive the brochure, one side is the cover page and the other side has the mailing info. I put a border on the top & bottom of the brochure all the way across to give the mailing side some decoration.

#8 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

I sent our pre-travel brochures with luggage tags in craft envelopes (like 5x7 size).

#9 MrsMiller2b

MrsMiller2b
                  • 160 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

I'm not sure if you've already made a decision but I found some envelopes at Office Max that had a beach scene on them. I printed on the envelopes using a casual font (Jokerman font) appropriate for a beach themed event. I used those envelopes to mail the brochures I ordered from VistaPrint along with luggage tags. I will try to post pics.

#10 MrsMiller2b

MrsMiller2b
                    • 160 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

Here is a picture of the envelopes I purchased from OfficeMax.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users