Photo

how did you pay for your wedding?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

We actually ended up giving a family member cash to put on their credit card (VISA) and he paid with that. We ended up giving him too much money so when we got back last week, he had money waiting for us which was kinda nice to come home to! :-)

#12 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
    • 450 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

There is a surcharge as well for using a credit card at ILA (not sure about the other resorts in Cuba)

#13 RonNMel

RonNMel
      • 388 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

Thanks. We have a credit card, was just hoping for a way to avoid having to pay the surcharge.

#14 stefamintpatty

stefamintpatty
        • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

I was at SLS in April and I was told that when you pay by credit card it has to be Visa & Mastecard only, and must be issued by a Canadian bank like CIBC, TD etc. it can't be citibank or HSBC.....and I know this is where it gets strange, but, this is what we were told......they charge your credit card US dollars......Luckily I was able to borrow money from a friend and pay her back when we got home

#15 JNL2011

JNL2011
          • Site Supporter
          • 101 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

Does anyone how much the surcharge is? I'm assuming its on every dollar spent or is it an added amount to the whole charge?

#16 AnyafromCineart

AnyafromCineart
            • 238 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

there is 11% for a credit card surcharge in the most places in Cuba.

#17 AnyafromCineart

AnyafromCineart
              • 238 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

oh - and just to add - you are not allowed to use credit card from Canadian Bank which has a branches in USA . I tried to use my Capital One Card for car deposit (it's Canadian) but they refused.

Definitely best is to use cash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users