Photo

how did you pay for your wedding?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

Hey ladies! We leave in two days, and I just realized I am not quite sure the best way to actually pay for the wedding!

Just wondering how past brides have paid for theirs...I was thinking of travellers cheques but I am not sure if they accept them in Cuba. We both don't have Visa's either, just Amex and I know Cuba won't accept that.

I really didn't want to carry that much cash down, but if worse came to worse I guess that would be the safest option. Thanks in advance!!

#2 Girasole

Girasole
    • 757 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

We put all our additional expenses on AMEX and just plan to pay it off with our next bill.
      Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#3 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
      • 401 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

To the above poster, They wont take Amex because it is a USA affiliated credit card and Cuba does not accept those.

Tilly, I would suggest emailing your wedding co-ordinator and asking her how couples usually handle this. There is the option of paying in cash, but there is another option of giving the cash to one of your parents and having them put it on their credit card. Travellers cheques is also an option, though, double check that they take them there!

2 days! you must be suppppper excited!!!!
        Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#4 AishaB

AishaB
        • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

Well I am unemployed and my FI is the only one employed. We know for sure we are not getting anything from his family, but I know that my family will definitely help out. We are relying on his tax returns next year and the monies that we have been able to save along the way.
          BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#5 AishaB

AishaB
          • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

Hopefully, I get a job soon!
            BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#6 sarafish81

sarafish81
            • 353 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

We paid by mastercard - I would advise against travelers cheques. I would agree with Alexis that you could pay your parents the cash and have them put it on their credit card (visa, mastercard) if you only have amex.

#7 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
              • 401 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

Sara, was there an added fee to use the credit card to pay? I am wondering if it is simplest to just use CUC...
                Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#8 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
                • 191 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

What about buying those prepaid creditcards?? I know my FI are in the same situation as neither of us have a credit card. I have seen prepaid cards going up to $5000 so maybe that could be an option?!?! Hope you figure it out! Two days away!! That is SOO exciting!!
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#9 sarafish81

sarafish81
                  • 353 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AlexsBride
                    Sara, was there an added fee to use the credit card to pay? I am wondering if it is simplest to just use CUC...
                    There wasn't an extra fee for paying by credit card at our resort. When we checked out, they had all the wedding related costs itemized on our invoice (legal fees, hair appts, reception cost, etc) - I'm unsure how the exchange rate on just paying by CUC's would work as you'd have to get them in Cuba. At our resort, the exchange rate fluctuated often. With the credit card, I believe you get a better exchange rate. Plus, we are airmiles collectors, so we use our mastercard for everything!

#10 RonNMel

RonNMel
                    • 388 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

Tilly, how did you end up paying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users