Photo

Dreams unswimmable beaches??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa B

Lisa B
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

I have heard that a lot of places in cabo have "unswimmable" beaches and dreams is one of them. Does anybody know if there is still regular beach access from the resort and is it just "swim at your own risk"? Or swimming in the ocean totally prohibited? We are planning our DW to be at dreams and are about to sign a contract and now im kind of worried that my guests are going to be disappointed that they cant go in the ocean. Does anyone else have the same concerns?
    Are most places in Cabo like this?

#2 ~Angela~

~Angela~
    • 4,172 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:42 AM

I have only stayed at the Riu Palace, but there you do have direct beach access however red flags are always up and there is no lifeguard on duty. When I was there, it was swim at your own risk.

In pictures, it looks as though you have direct access from Dreams as well.

Even the strongest of swimmers that I know though have tried to swim in the sea in Cabo and have said never again. That is why their pools are so beautiful! Have to make up for the lack of ocean swimming!

About a 20 min walk from Dreams is the Hilton, which supposedly has a "swimmable" beach. I plan to check that out in July because I'd like to go in the water for my TTD.

#3 Lisa B

Lisa B
      • 39 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:30 AM

Im goin to ask my WC about beach access... im ok with it as long as we can at least spend time on the beach, maybe just walk in the water and get a little wet.. im not much of a swimmer anyway but we definitely want beach access. we were looking at the hilton too because it was one of the resorts that has a swimmable beach but we were looking for a AI.
        thanks for the info!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

yes, dreams has easy beach access and straw huts and chaise lounges on the beach as well as hammocks. it is too rough to swim but i have seen people in the water although i do not recommend it. there is a swimmable beach about 10-15 walk away and they do a daily walk to the swimmable beach in the morning.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 bride7474

bride7474
        • 582 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

Hello! We were just at Dreams a few months ago and the beach is not swimmable. They do say that the Hilton (10 mins down the beach) is swimmable, but was not swimmable any of the days we were there.

#6 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

I swam at the dreams beach nearly everyday, although they certainly dont like it. But it is swim at your own risk on reasonable days. The beach is rough, but that means not too many people running all around. It is very relaxing

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

erika is way tougher than most gals though. i mean that with the utmost respect!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:14 AM

Thanks Tammy, in hindsight, it would have been really dumb is someone drowned and ruined our wedding trip.

But it didnt happen, and I think we were lucky with calm days.

But you can certainly take awsome walks on the beach.

We walked to the hilton a few times and the walk is really pretty and a little adventerous and the terrain changes a bit. You can also take the horses for pretty cheap for an extra bit of fun and then walk back.

#9 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

We also even took the local bus back from the Hilton to Dreams and that is really cheap too. like less than a $1.

#10 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

Oh this is great info ladies. Thanks. A lot of people have been asking us about the beaches so this is really great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users